“One of the older Fairfield Inn's”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Foster City, California
“One of the older Fairfield Inn's”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Outside enterances with only one elevator for the relatively large number of rooms. Rooms were relatively small, but rate was very reasonable. Seem to get bus trips which made the breakfast area very crowded in the morning but personnel kept everything supplied which was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MOBX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cadiz, Kentucky
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm not usually a fan of outside entrance hotels, but this one is a nice surprise. The rooms were a little small, but updated and very clean. Staff was very nice and even gave me complimentary bottled water.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We booked into the Fairfield Marriott after a horrible experience at the Days Inn just down the road. The Fairfield is clean, nicely furnished and very friendly - all the things the Days Inn didn't seem to be able to manage. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is generous. It is close the I-75 which makes it easy to access and there are lots of nice eating places nearby - some close enough to walk to, which pleased us greatly. It is also well placed to visit all the Wright Brothers museums and other sites which is what we came for.
If you wanted to be picky, the proximity to the interstate does mean it is a little noisy but that hasn't bothered me at all - I've slept like a log!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about 2 weeks and the room was small and dirty, it's next to the freeway and you can hear all the noise in your room. The shuttle driver is crazy! You hit a construction cone then drove like 70 miles an hour on the curves (freaked out) there where ants by the fan and in the bed!!! Ugh horrible hotel!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Florentinolechuga
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I just spent three nights at this hotel. While the rooms were a little small, the overall environment was fantastic! The staff were very friendly and attentive. The breakfast was tasty and well stocked (biscuits/gravy, yogurt, bagels, waffles, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc.). Our room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Fridge and microwave in each room. The noise was minimal since our A/C was on at all times. There are also extra amenities offered in the evening - snack cart and tea in the lobby. Our experience here was very pleasant and we will return when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank EKUlove
White Plains, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was brusque and uncaring. When I tried to check in early to get to a 2 pm event (my mistake--I should have paid for an early check in), the staff told me that I would have to wait until all the rooms were cleaned. They would call when my room was available, which turned out to be 2:47. Since I was missing my 40th class reunion which I had traveled 700 miles to attend, I went across Miller Lane to the Comfort Inn, which was also sold out. The clerk there, when told the exact same circumstances, went from room to room with me to FIND me a room. She was WONDERFUL! Stay at the Comfort Inn across the street. Half the price and twice the service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
orlando, fl
Reviewed July 26, 2012

OK...so this is clearly not a Fairfield. I mean, it is, but it's not. It seems clear that this building use to be a motel 6 or super 8 or some such property, that marriott decided to buy and refurb. they did a nice job on it....you just can still tell its a poorly designed motel. Outside doors, bathroom doors that bump the bed when they open, and typical motel style. They've upgraded the tv's and the furniture...probably installed new a/c units in the windows...but make no mistake...it's a motel. For what it is, it's probably as good as it can be. But not up to marriott standards and probably should be sold to Ramada or Days Inn. It was only about a 10 minute drive to the airport due to it's proximity to the highway.....but expect highway noise too. It was clean...didn't hate it..but meh!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business