Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton
$85
$105
$112
Courtyard
All reviewsoutside entrancewafflesbreakfast startingbiscuits gravyrestaurants within walking distanceroom was cleanmicrowave and fridgeolder propertymiller lanefree breakfastsam's clubwould definitely stay here againother hotelsfresh fruitstayed one nightolive gardencracker barrel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The staff was brusque and uncaring. When I tried to check in early to get to a 2 pm event (my mistake--I should have paid for an early check in), the staff told me that I would have to wait until all the rooms were cleaned. They would call when my room was available, which turned out to be 2:47. Since I was missing my 40th class reunion which I had traveled 700 miles to attend, I went across Miller Lane to the Comfort Inn, which was also sold out. The clerk there, when told the exact same circumstances, went from room to room with me to FIND me a room. She was WONDERFUL! Stay at the Comfort Inn across the street. Half the price and twice the service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

OK...so this is clearly not a Fairfield. I mean, it is, but it's not. It seems clear that this building use to be a motel 6 or super 8 or some such property, that marriott decided to buy and refurb. they did a nice job on it....you just can still tell its a poorly designed motel. Outside doors, bathroom doors that bump the bed when they open, and typical motel style. They've upgraded the tv's and the furniture...probably installed new a/c units in the windows...but make no mistake...it's a motel. For what it is, it's probably as good as it can be. But not up to marriott standards and probably should be sold to Ramada or Days Inn. It was only about a 10 minute drive to the airport due to it's proximity to the highway.....but expect highway noise too. It was clean...didn't hate it..but meh!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was conveniently located, but I believe if I had driven a little further down the road I could have avoided all the road traffic. Room had a musty smell and there seemed to be lots of noise from other guests. On a positive note, the bathroom was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Fairfield Inn's usually have a nice reputation~ however ~this one~ disappointed me~.. ROOM 330! avoid! our window from our room overlooked the balcony that everyone on the third floor waits for the elevator ~ and everyone could see into our room~ the curtains had to remain closed, the constant noise of everyone on the third floor exiting the floor and getting on the elevator did not make for a pleasant stay either. Instead of spending another restless night~ my family checked out and drove 3 hours home ~ where we could sleep in our nice comfy beds without "traffic noise" from other guests....goodbye $100~ :(

Room Tip: Avoid Room 330 if you want to sleep and have a bit of privacy~
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked a room at the Fairfield Inn because the Marriott Courtyard was full as were other hotels in the area. The problem with the room was the smell from the air conditioner. It was a moldy, sweat sock type of smell that permeated the room. We put up with the odor until we left in the morning, but I informed the desk clerk about it and was told they would look into it. They have my email address but have not responded with an apology. The breakfast was minimalist. Some pastries, orange juice, and coffee. Given that we paid as much for this room as we did for the other hotel rooms on this trip, it was not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple