“Great food and atmosphere Terrible bar tenders”

Bar Louie Beavercreek
Ranked #176 of 760 Restaurants in Dayton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Great food and atmosphere Terrible bar tenders”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this place several times in the last 12 months and sadly there is not much to do in Dayton let alone Ohio so people have few choices but to frequent places like this. The food is great and the waitresses are kind but the bar tenders are very snobby, impatient and not efficient in their work. The bar itself is very large and they only have 2-3 bartenders working even on a Friday night so I assume they are overwhelmed but their attitudes are that of a disgusted person. It is disappointing waiting 10 minutes for a drink and to get served by someone who has such a poor attitude time after time. If they were to hire a secret shopper the managers would probably fire most of the bar tenders based on attitudes alone. However, the atmosphere is hopping with great food and good patrons. With little to do in the mundane community of Dayton, people will continue to frequent this place.

Dayton, Ohio
“Bad food and bad service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to Bar Louie at night, and it's a fun place. I went for lunch today and the food was bad and so was the service. Place was empty, took forever to get our food, and the food just wasn't very good. I would not eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Will never go back again.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've had three bad experiences here. One night about 8 people from work went there, the service was slow and rude. When we went to pay our bill, some wanted to pay with cash, our server told us that they couldn't take cash so I had to put it all on my credit card and have them pay me. (Who doesn't accept cash!) The other two times my husband and I went in to eat. Both times we sat down at a table and waited for someone to help us. We waited and waited and waited. No one ever came by to say they would be with us shortly or anything. We got up and left and will never go back.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Julie B
Troy, Ohio
“fun”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loud, but fun place. Went to watch sports, & couldn't hear TV. Prices were average for upscale sports bar.

Visited April 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Of the different bars in the Beavercreek and Kettering areas, I prefer Bar Louie for the cleaner, quieter atmosphere. The menu, I would say, is better than average, though not spectacular. The staff is pleasant and attentive. The drink menu is average, as well. The things I really enjoy about this place are that I don't have to shout to be heard across the table, can see the person with whom I am conversing, and I never have to wait for a table.

• Visited January 2013