“Hearty European Fare”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bickmore
Description: The Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering specializes in homemade Eastern European Cusine including German, Lithuanian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian and Italian cuisines. Our bar is made of imported Turkish marble, perfect for having an appetizer and spirits with friends. Our beer and wine lists consist of exemplary, hard-to-find European beverages. The building is located in the heart of Old North Dayton. We also specialize in custom catering to fit any of your needs. History of the Building The building, in which The Amber Rose Restaurant is located, was origionally built in 1910 by Sigmund Ksiezopolski. It ran as a general store and deli named Sig’s up until the early 1980′s. The family ran the general store downstairs and resided upstairs as their family quarters. The National Guard stayed with the family during the Great Flood of 1913. In 1989 Elinor Sluzas acquired the building with the intention of opening a restaurant. Before the scheduled grand opening there was a horrific fire and a portion of the building had to be rebuilt. The restaurant officially opened for businesss in 1990. Elinor may have retired but her recipes have stayed the same. Enjoy our homemade cuisines in our European Cafe inspired dining room. There are two private banquet rooms located in the building to host events or we can cater to any requested location. Quality catering and banquet services at our place or yours
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Hearty European Fare”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've tried Amber Rose for lunch (Valentine's Day) and a Saturday night dinner. Both times, my husband and I were pleased.

Most recently, I tried the Hunter Schnitzle - a pork tenderloin coated in pretzel crumbs, served with a creamy mustard sauce. The pretzel coating added a different twist. The surprise was the sauerkraut side dish...no bland or overly sour cabbage here...shredded carrots and fennel made a very tasty vegetable.

My husband enjoyed the Weiner Schnitzle - yeah, veal...very tender and w/that unique, fresh veal taste. His spatzle were too doughy for my taste, but every region makes them differently; I use a press for thinner strands.

We split an Apple Crisp which was just right. Service is attentive without being overly so. The interior is rough wood bar, so you don't need to dress up or expect fussiness here. Just satisfying, homemade food.

1 Thank pastorjoene

“One of my favorite restaurants!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I frequently visit the Amber Rose. I find it to be consistently great service and excellent food. I have tried several entrees on the dinner menu and have always been satisfied with all of my choices. I most enjoy the fact of homemade food and something different. Prices are comparably average.

Englewood, Ohio
“Wonderful European Dinner”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Amber Rose is a wonderful European menu restaurant in East Dayton, not far from downtown. I had the schnitzel and it was delicious, as was the home made blue cheese dressing. The service was fast and friendly. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.

Dayton, Ohio
“Wow, dinner was even better than lunch”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First visited Amber Rose for lunch last month. The food was great. Decided to return for dinner, and the food was even better. Great food, good service, and pretty good prices. Definitely a unique place for Dayton. When I have friends or family visit me in the future in Dayton, I will definitely take them to Amber Rose.

Dayton, Ohio
“Easter European food in Dayton? You bet!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I really like this place and its atmosphere. The restaurant is in a beautiful, historic building. Large groups are served upstairs and casual dining is downstairs. Everything is beautifully maintained.

This is the only restaurant I've found in Dayton that serves authentic German and Eastern European foods. The food is always tasty, the service is always fast and friendly. All around a great place to visit! Make sure you arrive hungry - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Amber Rose Restaurant? Share your experiences!