“Not worth the Trip.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
The Deli
Ranked #225 of 743 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dayton
“Not worth the Trip.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I posted a review on their facebook site, but they deleted it. They ran out of the special before 1pm and was forced to order something off the menu. Was I ever disappointed!! Very pricey for what you get. Allot of money for nothing SPECIAL. Weren't asked how the meal was or anything. Walked out of there with eyes glazed over at how much I spent for what I got. I won't be back and I sure won't recommend them to anyone. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY.

• Visited April 2014

Dayton
“The best lobster bisque in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've eaten here mabye 5 times. Everything is great...the reuben sandwiches, soups, and especially those homemade potato chips with just a hint of garlic and salt. Yum! We like it so much that my agency has added them to our list of caterers for various meetings. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dayton, Ohio
“The Deli at 32 Webster Street - Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I don't have much positive commentary regarding my visit to the Deli, except to say that the manager was very nice - she refunded my money and tried her best to remedy what I considered to be a very poor meal. We were a group of three who swung by the deli for lunch last week. Upon entering, I noticed the heavy odor of smoke - the odor you smell when standing over a hot grill. I tried to ignore the odor and proceeded to order what was described as a 1/3 pound burger, cooked medium well, french fries, and a piece of pineapple upside down cake. My order arrived well after that of my friends, and consisted of a darkly colored burger patty approximately 1/4 inch thick topped with cheese, a few tomatoes, onion rings and approximately 3 inches of lettuce. I immediately notified the waitress that I did not want the burger due to the burnt appearance and the fact that it seemed well shy of the 1/3 pound patty advertised. The manager promptly came by and indicated that the 1/3 pound weight was pre-cooking ( which I seriously question given the end result), and promptly refunded my money when I advised that I did not want a replacement, which they had apparently already began cooking. I found her actions to be very professional and indicative of a genuine desire to satisfy the customer, and I must give her credit for this. In addition, she brought the replacement burger and fries to my table, packaged in a to-go container and insisted that I take it with me. The pineapple cake was also very good - light and not too sweet. My two colleagues enjoyed their fish sandwich and chicken strips basket, and I am sorry that I did not have the same experience. Would I return for another try? Probably, but only because of the manager's actions, and I would only return if they installed a ventilation system. Upon returning to work, our clothes wreaked of that greasy, smoky grill smell for the rest of the day,(and even days after) which did not make for a pleasant afternoon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cab5

Been to The Deli? Share your experiences!