“Tronis - Best NY Style Pizza in Dayton!”

Troni's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 772 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been in Ohio for 18 years after spending 32 years in the Phila, NJ, NY area. The first 14 years, I spent looking for great pizza like home! I have tried every restaurant in Dayton that friends had told me had great NY style pizza. Nothing really tasted like home at all until I went to Tronis for the first time. They serve slices, just like home, for lunch and whole pizzas for dinner. We have told all of our friends and family about Tronis. The pizza rivals the best places in NY and NJ! Have had other entres and been happy with the food, but the pizza is the reason we go!

1  Thank ShawnandShar0n

Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you hadn't been here before, you probably wouldn't look twice. It's part of an older building where two other businesses are located and looks totally unassuming. Inside, however, lies all of the beauty. Upon entering, you are greeted with the delicious aromas of garlic and good cooking. Rest assured everything tastes as good as it smells...consistently. From mussels to pasta, all is delicious. The locals know how crowded it gets on Friday and Saturday nights, so if you're pressed for time get there early. If you do have to wait, I can tell you it is well worth it. The prices and quality are also much better than another much touted Kettering Italian eatery. Mangiare bene!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

OK, so it's not exactly New York or New Jersey but it's as close as you'll come in Dayton! Thin crust and great sauce that's all you need and that's what you get here.

Simple surroundings but you're going for the food anyway. Pasta dishes and salads are also good choices and don't miss the
Garlic knots.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We've frequented this restaurant since it opened but had not been back in a while. I've always loved their garlic rolls and several of their dishes. Since day one, the service has always been the major drawback and we were disappointed to find out that is still the case. My husband and I stopped in on a Friday evening and were eventually seated at An open table. The small dining room was full with only two servers. We waited about 10 minutes to be acknowledged and got the point and "just a minute". During the next 10 minutes we continued to wait and watched our waiter do everything except come to our table and acknowledge us. After another mouthed "just a minute", we took our leave. Another couple who came in after us were still waiting and asked if we'd been there before as if to say, that's just what to expect. Very disappointing that after several years in business with very good food that their customer service is still the pits.

1  Thank soccer_suzanne
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Not a very distinct location and the decor leaves a bit to be desired but all is forgotten when you taste the delicious food. The lasagna was the best I've ever had in a restaurant and the pizza was fantastic. I would recommend Troni's to everyone and I can't wait to come back to Dayton for another trip.

1  Thank amybeth111