“Golden Corral Experience”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dupont, Pennsylvania
“Golden Corral Experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I liked the variety of food they had to offer and the casual feeling about the restaurant. What I didn't care for was that I witnessed a gentleman tell one of the workers not once but twice about a piece of hair in one of the food containers which did get resolved. Otherwise, I loved it

Visited August 2012
2 Thank BrenZab

Covington, Ohio
“okay”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This was okay. Food was better than a Ponderosa, but still not like a real restaurant. Nice to have choices. Enjoyed the chocolate waterfall. I dipped strawberries and coconut macaroons in it. Yum!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank k a
“Stay away from this buffet!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

A previous review asked "What can you expect from a buffet?".
Cleanliness, courteous service & fresh food. The same thing I would expect of any establishment.
The food was fresh and had a good taste. The servers on the line were friendly and eager to please.
What really turned me off was the cleanliness of this restaurant.
I sorted through a dozen juice glasses & still couldn't find a clean one. They all had bits of food stuck to them. I went to ask the cashier for a glass & told him all of the juice glasses were dirty. He said "that's surprising, I washed them again this morning. I re-wash everything in the morning". He then proceeded to hand me a glass. It was dirty. He began to sort through the glasses behind the register and couldn't find one clean glass! NOT ONE!! I asked if I could have one of the kiddie cups, (they are disposable and therefore couldn't be dirty) he acted like he didn't want to give me one He eventually did after I asked a second time.
There was the same problem with the plates & silverware. I'm not the only one who noticed. Nearly everyone was sorting through plates and silverware to find clean ones.
It's astounding that the staff did not notice the nasty condition of the plates & other utensils. Honestly, I don't think they cared. The cashier never did retrieve the glasses for a washing.
They do have good food but I'll never go back. Who wants to drink someone else's backwash or eat off another persons slobbery fork!

2 Thank Likesit
nashville, tn
“Good food with large variety”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Bus trip, quick in and out. Everything was clean and lots of choices. Not gourmet but good. Typical of a roadside buffet.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank kwalker
Centerville, Ohio
1,748 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,019 helpful votes
“Well managed.”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

In general we tend to view buffets as feeding tables. Golden Corral Buffet & Grill does provide a very good buffet experience. Management has problem-solved how to attract busloads of kids, shoppers, and business people who all seem to be satisfied. The cooks are successful in keeping the buffet stocked. The servers are really busy.

Now if Golden Corral Buffet & Grill can figure a way to keep the “wee folks” from inserting their fingers into the chocolate machine. We do not frequent the Golden Corral Buffet & Grill; however, we know that we receive that which we pay for.

Visited July 2012

Been to Golden Corral? Share your experiences!