“Depends on location”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have eaten at the Sake's at Miller Lane, Dayton Mall, and across from The Greene. Consistently, we have found the Sake' restaurant at Miller Lane and Dayton Mall very good. We have found the one across from The Greene to be bad. Last night was the worst. The chef seemed more interested in "entertaining" us then in cooking our food properly. He did inappropriate things like pretending he was going to hit the children (repeatedly) and filling a man's mouth so full of saki that he almost choked. He did not trim the fat off the steak, nor did he cook it long enough to be the proper doneness for anyone at our table. The pieces were not cut uniformly small enough, so they were tough and chewy. He spent so much time on his show that he hardly seasoned the meat or cooked the vegetables at all. All at our table opted for a doggy box after just a few bites. Who monitors these people? It's hard to send your food back when you are eating hibachi style.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our chef was not entertaining like those around us, the food was very small portions for the price. I paid what I would at an expensive steakhouse and got half the piece of steak (the other half went to another who ordered steak). I have been to places with Hibachi and loved it! I would never go back to this one.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Terrible. The "service" was rude and neglectful. The sushi was so disgusting I demanded they take it back without even eating a bite for fear if getting sick. They still demanded I pay a "compromise" of $6.00 for the uneaten sushi. No apologies and when we didn't leave a tip, all the male staff started swearing at me in Taiwanese to the point we quickly left before things got violent. Worst restaurant experience maybe of my whole life. I just hope this helps others steer away.

1  Thank Brian1234567890
Reviewed April 19, 2013

First off let me say, I'm not a sushi person, nor a hibachi eating person. I don't like Japanese, rice or vegetables. However, the Miller Lane Sake Location really changed my mind! I LOVE their veggies & their rice is to die for! They have even gotten me to try some sushi that I actually liked. After eating at Miller lane a number of times, we decided to venture out and try other hibachi restaurants (including other Sake locations). They just do NOT compare to the Miller lane location. That particular location has the best meats, veggies, rice and service! The waitresses and chefs are all so friendly and on the ball with anything needed. We've never had bad service or food. My 3 year old LOVES the people working there and the food. She also doesn't like veggies or rice usually-but will eat like a little baby pig there.

Also I saw some people noted the decor could use an update; well they must have been listening cause they recently redid the layout of the restaurant and changed some decor'~ looks more updated now. I highly recommend trying the Miller Ln Sake's restaurant, and don't let other locations or hibachi restaurants steer you away till you try them. If you are worried about the higher prices, try going at lunch time...It's about half the price during lunch (or close to it), but yet you still get the same amount of food (minus the 2 extra pieces of shrimp you get at dinner).

1  Thank Kelleigh C
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Love, Love, Love the food!! It was very clean and my meal was awesome. I can't wait to go back and try something new. The atmosphere was great and the staff was warm and inviting!

1  Thank FutureMrsColeman

Been to Sake Japanese Steakhouse? Share your experiences!