“Mother's Favorite Place”

Red Lobster
Ranked #81 of 769 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Took my Mother at her request to eat there for her birthday. the biscuts are great and the food was good with quick service. Seemed to be less options and smaller portions than I remember a few years back.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The server was pleasant although she didn't know much about the food. how do you work in a seafood restaurant and not eat seafood. We asked about how food was prepared as my husband is allergic to shellfish, particularly shrimp, and we want to make sure they don't use shrimp in their broth for their rice. She said she didn't think so, and obviously the cook didn't know either (or she didn't ask) because sure as, well you know what, when we got home he was itching and scratching and was sick.

He originally ordered the tilapia, but upon his first bite, he spit it out (and I've never seen him spit out anything)! He said it tasted old and definitely wasn't fresh as in "catch of the day" fresh. Finally our server came back and we told her about the fish, she looked at us like we were crazy. Not once did the manager come round to see if everything was okay, even after we sent that nasty fish back and ordered the chicken alfredo...chicken in a seafood restaurant...who ever heard of such a thing? frankly, I'd consider it an insult, but that's just me.

The prices were high, the drinks watered (as in I didn't think there was any alcohol in that margarita). I do believe that this is the last time we will eat at ANY Red Lobster!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family loves here !
Service is good !
Taste is good too !!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

As always, my trips to Red Lobster are always delicious. I highly recommend asking for Krystal as your server... she is always very friendly, knowledgable, and accomodating. I recently went to Red Lobster with my mother for lunch one weekend on a shopping trip. I ordered a caesar salad for starters and it is always adequate. I also ordered the Lobster Bisque for an appetizer and it was wonderful and flavorful! For meals, I ordered the choose 3 option I do believe and got the shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, and fish filet. I was a little disappointed with the size of the food, but then again, it WAS a lunch portion. Next time I will know to get more if I want a larger size. I especially LOVE the shrimp scampi.. it's my favorite, and I know to get more. I don't remember what my mom got. All in all, it was a great visit and I highly recommend it. Again, ask for Krystal because she is an amazing server!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We haven't been to Red Lobster in a while, boy did there prices go up. I wanted to go to Bonefish Grill and we decided we didn't want to spend that much for dinner so we went to Red Lobster, I think the prices were more than at Bonefish Grill. We ended up with a lobster pizza appetizer that we shared, 2 iced teas, and 2 side Caesar salads and our bill come to over $25 (for basically a shared appetizer meal).