“Something's wrong with C'est Tout”
Review of C'est Tout - CLOSED

C'est Tout
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've have been going to C'est Tout in Dayton for several years now. A friend and I have made that a monthly lunch stop. I've also eaten dinner there several times over the years. The quality of service has certainly declined in the last year. I was there today for lunch with my friend. My food was delicious, but my friend got a bad piece of Talipia. She very politely told the server about it. He didn't apologize, in fact, he acted like he was taking it personally, took her dish with barely a word and left without asking her if she would like a replacement. He came back in a few minutes later to ask she would like another piece of fish. She did and it was just fine. I just find it surprising that the server did not apologize for the bad meal. Of course it's not his fault, but an apology goes a long way. C'est Tout is not cheap and for the money I would certainly expect better service than what my friend experienced. Had I not experienced bad service in the past from C'est Tout, I would've thought today was a fluke, but I was there for dinner in December and we waited nearly an hour for our food. A Christmas party had been booked and apparently the restaurant did not adjust their staff for that party. The server complained to us (highly unprofessional, in my opinion) about them being short staffed, but at least she apologized and provided us with a complimentary glass of wine. For the price that we pay at C'est Tout, I expect better and I am seriously reconsidering not going back.

1  Thank Margaret P

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I go to lunch here whenever i can because it is very affordable, good food, nutritious food, white tablecloths!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very disappointed in this "French bistro". First course, the French onion soup was lacking substance. It was basically broth with cheese on top. All three of us were unimpressed by our mains. The shrimp was rubbery, the duck was cooked well done and tasted like pork, and the chicken was greasy. We were hoping to be redeemed with dessert, we were wrong. The creme brûlée was the worst I've ever had, tasted liked a Kraft pudding cup with sugar on top. The mooses were grainy. Overall, this place was below average and definitely not work the price. We paid with a gift card and will never go back. The chef might want to change the menu because our guess is it has been the same since he's started.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Came for a birthday dinner to our favorite local French bistro. Everything was lovely and topped off with a surprise amazing decadent sauced huge lit chocolate cake from the Chef. Merci, Dominic!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

If you want traditional french food or an intimate atmosphere this is the perfect place. Daily specials can branch out from French but I find I haven't really tried them because they to the traditional foods so well. Wine list is not very extensive but has a good set of selections that will match everyone's meal.