“Unique Toppings”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're looking for a pizza to satisfy anyone's taste, this is the place! They go beyond the normal pepperoni pizza with unique toppings. Looking for goat cheese or olive oil instead of red sauce? Maybe smoked cheese and salsa? These are just a few of the pizza topping options you will find here. My dining experience has always been good. The restaurant is clean and the service fast. Deweys in Dayton caters to a college crowd, but is a great restaurant for all ages. There is on street parking, but spaces can be hard to find; however, there are parking lots nearby.

1  Thank Janine1962
There are newer reviews for Dewey's Pizza

Reviewed May 25, 2014

For some time, we have enjoyed take-away from Dewey’s Pizza, and today following lots of yard work I am able to convince my wife to accompany me to “Dewey’s Pizza Parlor.”

Do not park on Jasper or Brown, because there are two large parking lots near Dewey’s Pizza. Street parking is inviting damage to your automobile.

As we enter Dewey’s plaza, my wife spies Cold Stone Creamery, and we both know that it shall be Cold Stone later.

Joe, who is the manager, greets us. Joe has a great public relations future. Seated are one young man and a young family. We arrive near 4:15, and Joe observes that we have perfect timing, because by 5:00 Dewey’s shall be filled.

Joe enjoys his manager position and joins diners in conversation. Turns out that Joe has 30 yards of Mulch to spread, and lives in our former neighborhood. Joe is a Centerville and University of Dayton grad, as is our son. I hold a graduate degree from the University of Dayton.

Perhaps the University of Dayton students and other dining clientele may be on to something in rating Dewey’s as Dayton’s Number one Dayton restaurant. Dewey’s is gourmet pizza, and not fine dining.

Some younger folks use the term “fancy” and "expensive." Let’s translate: We prefer the concept, gourmet; our assessment is the tariff is appropriate for the fare.

Dewey’s Pizza does offer take out; however, the actual restaurant is very attractive. Dewey’s Pizza has a wall of windows and other windows. Dewey’s Pizza tables and booths are very nice. Yes, expect University of Dayton students. We like University of Dayton students. Dewey’s Pizza is very family friendly.

Joe is correct: Young families are flocking to Dewey’s by 4:50PM. It is very neat to observe a family oriented restaurant, and Dewey’s policy of “order half and half of any pizza” solves many family dilemmas.

At about 4:50PM a small army of servers arrives, and all are friendly, and well trained young folks. My wife and I take advantage of “order half and half of any pizza.”
She: Wild Mushroom with Olive Oil, Minced Garlic, Mozzarella-Fontina Blend, Mushrooms, Portobello Mushrooms, Oyster Mushrooms, Shitake Mushrooms, Capers, Roasted Red Peppers. He: Build your own: Canadian bacon, sausage pepperoni, diced fresh tomatoes, mushroom, and hot peppers.

Let’s observe that Dewey’s is not your neighborhood pub, which focuses on beer, and the meal selection is secondary. Dewey’s is primarily a neighborhood pizza parlor with a focus on pizza, calzones, and salad. A secondary focus is on pints (U.S., not imperial) of local draughts.

Together with Joe, we lament Centerville’s decision not to issue a permit for a Centerville Dewey’s; however, Joe is very enthusiastic about an early fall opening of Dewey’s in Austin Landing. We are certain to be diners at the Austin Landing Dewey’s.

7  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I went there on a business lunch and fell in love. Love the pizza but even more than that I love the salads. Think I'mma try to go tomorrow.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Visited here with a couple friends. Had a salad and a meatball pizza. The salad was slightly limp and underdressed, so it was just OK. The pizza sauce was pretty bland, but the meatballs were decent and the crust was nice and chewy. Service was prompt and friendly. Not my favorite pizza by a long shot, but much better than what usually passes for pizza in Dayton.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My UD graduate son introduced me to Dewey's years ago, thus justifying all the money I spent on his UD education! The only pizza that can compete with Dewey's is South Park Tavern which beats Dewey's on Monday's because on that day South Park has half-priced pizza. Try them both and you'll agree they have the best pizza in the area.

1  Thank Ray S

Been to Dewey's Pizza? Share your experiences!