“Outstanding”

Paragon Club
Ranked #45 of 769 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are an independently owned and operated business serving our community for the past 39 years. We focus every day on ensuring quality, consistency, and cleanliness in everything we do. Being that the definition of our name 'Paragon' means a symbol of excellence, it truly represents the example we are setting in every aspect from the guests, to the cuisine, to our staff. We look forward to hosting you and your guests soon. Thank you, The Paragon Supper Club
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Food was outstanding, service was great and the ambience magnificent. Dining at this restaurant was a wonderful experience which will be repeated by this reviewer many times in the future. I note that several reviews complained that the cost was excessive or, as one reviewer said "pricey". Actually I would describe the cost of dinner and drinks to be no more than moderate. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

There are newer reviews for Paragon Club

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first and last trip to the Paragon. The service was mediocre and the food was underwhelming, especially considering the price. I had the veal Oscar and the bearnaise sauce was so heavy on the terregon that the veal and crab could not be tasted. My wife had the calfs liver which was badly undercooked, especially since my wife ordered it medium well. My salad was drenched in dressing and my wife's seven layer salad, (which cost four dollars extra) was unremarkable. My martini was badly watered down. The only positive was the onion soup, which was excellent.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the way dining out should be and is at the Paragon in Dayton Ohio. Fantastic food and service is always 5 stars. I always look forward to dinner with friends

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was so excited to try this place, and looked foward to the delicious menu. We were given a gift card from friends, and decided to finally use it. The food is over priced for the quantity and quality. I order the shrimp and was given 5. I left hungry and our bill for 3 people was over a $100. I have no problem paying that much for great food and service it the meals were average. My sisters fiancé ordered beef tips, and the gravy was so salty. He ended up eating my shrimp. The trout was awesome, and by far the best of the three meals. We ordered the peanut butter pie which was on special and it was frozen when delivered. Our food took over 30 minutes uses and the place wasn't that busy. We would return again if given another gift card, but would rather spend our money at another place.

1  Thank LizDW2009
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not sure what all the rave reviews are all about. Been there a half dozen times or more, some on business and some with friends that adore the place. It's very dark and feels like you are back in the 1970's. Service is OK at best. EVERYTHING is Very pricey and the portions are relatively small. What is so special about an iceberg lettuce salad with a couple of onions and carrots in it ? The bread is fair - pretty stale - and nothing like you would get on the east coast. I guess the steak is good, but you think you might be seeing things in the dark light when you try to make out the prices. And then you realize that you are seeing the prices right.

Been to Paragon Club? Share your experiences!