“Best restaurant in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oakwood Club Incorporated
Ranked #14 of 743 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dayton, Ohio
“Best restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ate here last night for my husband's 50th birthday. Our reservations were at 6:30 and we were promptly seated. We have eaten several times here in the past and have never been disappointed. My husband had the oysters on the half shell and the prime rib.The oysters were fresh and the prime rib melted in his mouth. I had a cup of French onion soup and it was some of the best I've ever had! My twin fillet medallions and pan seared lemon sole were cooked to perfection. The salads are fresh and served on chilled plates along with warm salty rye and garlic crusted bread. Yummy! The garlic mashed potatoes were hot and homemade and the stewed tomatoes are the best. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. It is on the expensive side but the portions and quality of the food are well worth the price. I highly recommend this great restaurant for a special occasion or romantic dinner.

• Visited May 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Best restaurant in Dayton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

No need to drive to Cinn. We have the best restaurant here. The food is consistently wonderful. Better have a reservation even on week nights. The menu even offers selections for small appetites. Good Chef Nate, and good bar, by Greg. Well-selected wine specials.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bill H
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Hollywood in downtown Dayton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the second time my family has enjoyed the Oakwood Club in Dayton for a special occasion, and again I expected to see Frank Sinatra dining at the next table, it's just that type of atmosphere. The service is impeccable, and take your time with the menu, because you will have a hard time choosing between those incredible selections. The shrimp bisque I had was marvelous, and the prime rib and filets our family enjoyed were cooked to perfection. Add fresh bread and sides, and yes, you will be going home with a "doggie bag." They don't accept reservations for parties of less than five, so our family got there right at 5:00 on a Saturday evening and didn't have trouble, but by 6:00 it was full, and yes, it is dressy. But, ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!

• Visited December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Might be one of the best restaurants I've been to in years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

It has to be one of the best surf-and-turf options in the Midwest. The steak melted in my mouth and the homemade bread is outstanding. It has been years since I've been here and it's always provided a great steak. The side items are grilled to perfection (I had the asparagus) and the atmosphere is awesome. It's in one of the best sections of town (near the university) and it's one of the classiest eateries in the Miami Valley. Even though it's always busy when I visit, it's worth the wait and I will return.

• Visited March 2013
Adams, Tennessee, United States
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

A group of 7 ate here on a Friday evening, suggest having reservations. Food and service were excellent. If traveling to Dayton this is a must place to eat. Just an excellent overall experience and reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2013