“Perfection”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Doug the bartender makes perfect drinks. This is restaurant week in Dayton so there are special menus at participating restaurants. We both had the Filet Oscar "Sweeney's Style" and it was absolutely spot on. We asked for medium rare for the filet and it was the most perfect medium rare ever. The crab cake was ok and the asparagus served with it was also perfectly cooked. We truly love this place and it never disappoints.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (164)

Reviewed November 23, 2019 via mobile

I ordered salmon. It was perfect. The best I’ve ever had. Our waiter was wonderful and all the food we had was good. They know how to make a good cocktail as well. All the dessert are made from scratch.

Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

Not too impressed. We came here for our anniversary dinner. Waitress was barely friendly. My crab cakes looked wonderful but were barely warm. Not sure I would come here again. Over priced.

Reviewed October 30, 2019

My wife suggested we bring some friends but I asked if we could go see if they have become any more consistent in their offerings, thank goodness we did!

The she crab soup was a special but it had been burnt in the pan and was still being served. The $28 Walleye was a 3-4oz portion and not well prepared it was served with what appeared to be canned asparagus. I had some Dynamite Shrimp that were drowned in sauce, I left a pile of soaked breading and the pile of sauce and the server didn't even take notice. When I returned the burnt she crab soup he offered the chowder which was quite good.

Last try on this one, consistency has always been their downfall.

Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

Visited for the first time with family and enjoyed the atmosphere, service and the seafood meal(snapper), drank a few local brews which were excellent Lock 27 Octoberfest. I must say I have had better snapper (dry) but the blacken spices was very good. Overall my meal was good and would go back to try something else on the menu which was interesting. Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: October 2019

Been to Sweeney's Seafood? Share your experiences!