“Boo Hiss”

Spaghetti Warehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Spaghetti Warehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 773 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

While visiting the Dayton area this weekend, we took our meal planning seriously. I did my homework and this seemed a selected choice by many.
Seriously disappointed.
We are trying to decide if this is actually a "chain restaurant in disguise" as we have found it very similar to the "fast Italian food" quality of the Spaghetti Factory in the St. Louis area. Same idea, tho the Spaghetti Warehouse claims some originality on it's menu and description.
If anyone reads my reviews on a regular basis, you know I am a thrifty shopper and will speak honestly.
The claimed fabulous 15 layer lasagna is a joke. I seriously think it is some frozen/boxed lasagna from the supermarket isle.
15 layers of what?? I counted several semi cold layers of pasta only with a whole lot of sauce dumped on top. Who could count a layer? It was a mess all over the plate-about the consistency of homemade spaghetti with ragu.
The loaves of bread I can almost guarantee come in frozen as ours was still cold in the middle.
The service I will not mention because if you are shopping for a good restaurant-deemed worthy of a great review due to good food- the opinion of the server isn't going to alter my opinion on food quality...if,however, I am to speak of the service.. it was lukewarm.
Our bill for two adults and one child - meal and waters only-no appetizers.. was $44. A little steep considering I could have had a Stouffers meal at a much, much less price.
I would not visit this place again.

2  Thank tnun

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Spaghetti Warehouse really is in an old warehouse. So the atmosphere is very interesting. There is even a full size trolley car within its walls, fitted with 8 - 10 tables, in which you might even be seated! The only downside to it is that when full of patrons, it can get very noisy. However, we've been there a few times, and we have always enjoyed the food. Granted, it is not, as my son-in-law is, pure Italian, but good nonetheless. There's a nice selection of wine, and if you have room for desserts, they are also delicious. I encourage you to give it a try!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I have to admit that it's been a long time since I have been to any spaghetti warehouse. Not sure I know why, but after today's experience In Dayton I will be back.
The setting of this restaurant is unique in an old downtown warehouse. Some old signs and memorabilia to decorate the walls.
The food was great, started off with some calamari cooked to perfection. Needed a lemon to go with it, which was promptly provided. Then for the main course I had chicken and broccoli in a garlic butter sauce with spaghetti.
The service was incredible always on top of making sure I was comfortable.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This place has been in business for many years and continues to attract a good crowd for business lunches and family dinners. However, the food is mediocre, at best. We had a family group of about 10 persons on a Sunday afternoon and were well served by the staff. Unfortunately the pasta, meat, and other dishes we were served were tired and boring. You can do much better elsewhere.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not gourmet cuisine but tasty and portions that are more than satisfying. Great place to gather family or friends for a fun evening.

Been to Spaghetti Warehouse? Share your experiences!