“Don't bother, Spaghetti Warehouse, and Mama DiSalvo is 100% better”

Franco's Ristorante Italian
Ranked #179 of 760 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Don't bother, Spaghetti Warehouse, and Mama DiSalvo is 100% better”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

terrible service, wait was to be 5 minutes, we waited 1.5 hours, and owner said "too bad" his wife would not talk to me, as she was on duty, and Franco would not return my call.

2 Thank ARTHUR W

Englewood, Ohio
“Fantastsic Spaghetti - Excellent Choice”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love the Franco's "World Famous" Spaghetti. It's a combination of egg, cheese, roasted garlic, and oil. Add to it sausage and it's just the best. It's what I always order when dining here.

• Visited April 2013
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chef/Owner Franco Germano is a "people person."”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My female companion and I stopped there for dinner one Thursday evening thus past summer. We dined on the outside patio. It was crowded.
We had an appetizer of fresh mozzarella, Roma tomato slices, artichoke hearts, ripe olives, and chopped basil swimming in a delicious bath of olive oil, and grated Parmesano Reggiano cheese, tastefully displayed on a large serving platter. It was memorable.
She ordered some penne' pasta, with chicken in a lemon and capers sauce, heavy with garlic. She loved it.
I had a warm salad of chicken, spinach, mushrooms, sweet peppers, all in a pungent balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Superb!
Chef Franco came over as we were finishing, and asked us if were enjoying our meal. We most assuredly were.
My friend inquired about his background; and he and she engaged in a lively conversation for the next half hour or so about various Italian recipes, and cooking in general.
I was able to offer some input when he asked me a few questions about my previous visits there for lunch.
When he left we were all smiling, well fed, and anxious to pay his establishment a return visit.

• Visited September 2012
Bowling Green, KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly Awesome!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our dinner was great! Franco came over to our table and talked (very charming) to us and made us feel very welcome. Jamie waited on us and the service was very efficent. When you go ask for the "daily specails", so good. Also, Friday lunch they have the best homemade tomato soup....yum. If you are looking for a "non-chain" spot to go, I would reccomend Franco's

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Robert E
Columbus
“Truly average”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm not huge on Italian food, so I can't judge the authenticity (although I doubt it's very high) of this place, but I can judge the quality of food. This place has the quality of your average Buca di Beppo, but with way less ambiance. If spending 15 bucks for a plate of pasta with a bag of frozen veggies thrown in is your thing, you'll love it.

• Visited February 2013