“Another great visit”
Review of Coco's Bistro

Coco's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 772 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Linclon St
Description: You'll always feel welcome at Coco's. We're a Dayton Original, an independent restaurant where you can have your power lunch, a rehearsal dinner, a fun night, or a place to propose. You'll enjoy contemporary American food, always with amazing service, and reasonable prices for wine and spirits. Thank you Dayton - we love you as much as you love us.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Thankfully my friend wanted to go to lunch at Coco's. Again we had delicious cocktails and fabulous food. The service is always good and I do so love the new location. I will miss this place when we move -- one of my favorites.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

we may have been there on a bad night, but it was Saturday, you'd think they would put their best effort forward.
Very noisy, bare walls and ceiling, noise reverberates.
More frustrating was the service, our waitress was way overworked. She was trying hard but that was the problem, you knew she was trying hard b/c she was so busy, and things felt rushed. It was not relaxing at all.
And service was slow. The man who seated us is a wasted employee. While we sat there for over 15 minutes without an initial visit from our waitress, and he could see us, he just loitered at the entrance. I've been in too many restaurants where an observant host would see the wait staff needed help and would come ask you if he could get you a drink while you wait, and can't excuse the silent treatment we got from this host. And it's not like he was busy, he only seated one other couple while we waited, and waited...
We had the ahi tuna, it was good, and a steak salad, also good but nothing special. My wife wanted to ask for blue cheese crumbles but never got a chance; after dropping our food off we did not see our waitress again for 17 minutes. Adding to the frustration was watching the host, who literally was only 25 feet from us, chit chat but never once look our way. Prices are fair.
We went with every intention of enjoying a nice evening at the new Cocos and instead left quite frustrated. I can understand an occasional poor meal, but poor service without an apology tells me that is their standard practice. I doubt we will be back.

2  Thank troyoh
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rehearsal dinner held here and the food was excellent and getting hot food to 50 guests was a challenge well met. Personnel were attentive. I'll visit again when in the area and have the same entree!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Dropped off our son at UDayton. He wanted time with his buddies, so we parted ways for dinner. WOW, just off campus this great restaurant, fantastic menu, variety of wines, reservation accepted, but peaceful wait if you forgot. We will be back.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

First off, the food is very good and unique. My husband asked me how I would classify the food, and now that I've had time to think about it, I guess I'd say "a decidedly modern and inventive approach to bistro fare with an emphasis on taste and texture" (at the time he asked me, the only thing I could come up with was the overused term, "eclectic".) I totally enjoyed everything I ate and drank - especially my ahi tuna entree, as well as the 2 cocktails I ordered. My husband's shrimp ravioli was absolutely delicious as well with a nice kick to the sauce.
We've eaten at Coco's a number of times, and often the service is somewhat lacking - drinks are often slow to arrive, and the waiters seem to disappear for long periods of time. With a little improvement in that area, this would be one of the top places to eat in the area!

1  Thank RestaurantCritic