“Great food, great service”
Review of Coco's Bistro

Coco's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 769 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: E Linclon St
Description: You'll always feel welcome at Coco's. We're a Dayton Original, an independent restaurant where you can have your power lunch, a rehearsal dinner, a fun night, or a place to propose. You'll enjoy contemporary American food, always with amazing service, and reasonable prices for wine and spirits. Thank you Dayton - we love you as much as you love us.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rehearsal dinner held here and the food was excellent and getting hot food to 50 guests was a challenge well met. Personnel were attentive. I'll visit again when in the area and have the same entree!!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Dropped off our son at UDayton. He wanted time with his buddies, so we parted ways for dinner. WOW, just off campus this great restaurant, fantastic menu, variety of wines, reservation accepted, but peaceful wait if you forgot. We will be back.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

First off, the food is very good and unique. My husband asked me how I would classify the food, and now that I've had time to think about it, I guess I'd say "a decidedly modern and inventive approach to bistro fare with an emphasis on taste and texture" (at the time he asked me, the only thing I could come up with was the overused term, "eclectic".) I totally enjoyed everything I ate and drank - especially my ahi tuna entree, as well as the 2 cocktails I ordered. My husband's shrimp ravioli was absolutely delicious as well with a nice kick to the sauce.
We've eaten at Coco's a number of times, and often the service is somewhat lacking - drinks are often slow to arrive, and the waiters seem to disappear for long periods of time. With a little improvement in that area, this would be one of the top places to eat in the area!

1  Thank RestaurantCritic
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been huge CoCo's fans since they were located on Wayne Avenue. I contend that this is the best "fine dining" in Dayton. We love their Restaurant Week menus...
Were there last evening. Food was fantastic. Sadly, the service was way off. The waitress was trying to impress us by not taking written orders. After repeating everything three times, she would return "just to confirm." I was given a club soda/rocks minus Scotch...which she seemed to have forgotten to mention to the bartender. My medium rare steak was very well done but quickly made right by one of the owners. The wine appeared after we had finished the main courses. And, the coffee disaster is too lengthy to mention here...
To management's credit, there was a whole lot of "comping" involved on our tab, which was duly noted and greatly appreciated. Again, the food was terrific, we remain CoCo's fans, and will be back. I hope their kitchen maintains its delicious standards! And, certain waitresses develop some...

1  Thank ToughGuy4
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is consistently good with food and service. Our lunch and cocktails were delicious with very pleasant and perfect service. The new location is very well done.