Comfort Suites Dayton
$129
$119
$102
Orbitz.com
All reviewsthe air force museumusaf museumwright pattersonhot breakfast is includedegg pattiesconvenient place to stayadjacent roomsroom was cleanthe united states air forcestayed two nightspeanut butterjuice and coffeecomfortable hotelwafflesgood nights sleepdesk clerkbob evans
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed here with a group of coworkers last week. My room was clean with wifi, and that's all i needed for this particular trip. Otherwise, my window was practically in the parking lot, and the service is about what you'd expect from a hotel of this price range. It was fine, and conveniently across the street from an office building where I was working. if i had to visit that site again, i would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I was in Dayton for business at AFRL on Wright Patterson Air Force Base for a couple of days and this hotel is nearly across the street from the gate I needed to enter. I was a little concerned about noise at first but that turned out to not be an issue at all. I was amazed by the overly large size of my room but that may be because it was a handicap room with a very comfortable king size bed. For only $71 a night, this was a great value. I enjoyed a nice swim in the pool and since there were only a couple other guests there during my mid-week stay, I pretty much had the place to myself. The free breakfast layout in the morning wasn't the best but it wasn't too bad either. The staff was very helpful recomending places to eat for dinner and really went out of their way the morning I checked out. I had to catch a very early flight and checked out before the advertised time of the breakfast buffet but the friendly and thoughtful front desk clerk went into the back and got me some stuff so that I could have breakfast before I left.
I will definitely stay here again when I return to WPAFB in Dayton.
Oh and for anyone going to the National AirForce Museum that is across from the hotel, that is a must see when in the area, you wont find a more convenient hotel location.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Stayed there since it is right across from the USAF Museum. Newer hotel, built within the last few years. Upon check in, we were given a room that hadn't been cleaned yet, but no big deal, they just gave us another room with no hassle. Staff was friendly and helpful, and room and amenities were clean and nice. Rates were resonable.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2009

I booked this place solely because it was practically across the street from the National Museum of the US Air Force, where I traveled alone with my boy, who is 10. I had no problems with internet and staff like some other reviewers. But the stay was "difficult." There is no retail, no restaurants, not even a gas station within sight in any direction. There are few streetlights, as well, and it was dark in Nov. shortly after 5pm, when the Museum closed. The hotel front desk, to my amazement, could offer no map of the immediate environs, and the roads are not simple right here. They did have just one rough map to one area a couple miles away called Miller Road where there are LOTS of hotels and all the chain eateries that the hotel's website actually dares to call "nearby"! Because I am a foodie, I avoid chain restaurants when I travel, but I had no map nor even anywhere nearby to buy one. So we got lost in the dark a bit (literally). While I cannot recommend this hotel in general, the experience would be different for, say, a multifamily group with nothing in mind but visiting the museum, having pizza delivered at night and hanging out at the pool. Also, summer would be easier, because you could see better and make out street signs further into the evening. If you stay here, you will do significant driving to buy anything in this area but the Museum visit and this room. Finally, while we had no chance to visit, there does appear to be a nice and large nature reserve//park right behind the hotel, and that might suit some people wonderfully (birdwatching, walks), maybe while relatives are at the Museum for hours.

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Conveniently located near the National Museum of the US Air Force, where we had spent the day. We were surprised that it's the only hotel near the museum. Restaurants were an easy drive away, and the desk clerk provided printed directions to any sites we requested. Friendly staff; clean, comfortable room; standard breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple