“NO Internet Service Entire Stay”

Comfort Suites Dayton
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Traveling on Business, the internet is key. This hotel claims wireless internet in all rooms. However, I spent two full days at the hotel and never once was the internet working. Front desk said it was down and they would get it fixed. They then said its often down and needs some serious work but the owner is too cheap to make the repairs. So if you need internet, don't stay here. Other than that, ok.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank RickinVA

Reviewed June 10, 2009

This is one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. The staff at the front desk is rude, obnauxious, loud, annoying, and unprofessional. The maids leave the doors propped open with the locks and they slam them about twenty times when cleaning rooms. Also, I was walked in on three times while in my room. One time wasn't announced at all, the other two were announced while putting their key in the door. Breakfast is only okay...room wasn't cleaned all the way. Co worker had money stolen in their room (maids???). I overheard many people getting 'helped' at the front desk get the run around.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mckdddy76
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my king sized room and the very comfortable bed. The living area on one side of the room was comfortable to watch TV or read a book. I actually enjoyed coming back to my room after a day of work at the base or touring the museum which is right across the street. There are several restaurants and a mall not far away, just ask the front desk for directions. If I had anything negative to say it was my noisy neighbor who liked to stay up till 2am watching TV and then slamming his door at 4am in the morning. But that's not the fault of the hotel and I'm sure if I'd asked to move rooms they would have done so, I just didn't want to move. Other than my noisy neighbor I found this hotel very relaxing.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My family stayed at this hotel for a soccer tournament being held in the area. I worked with the management to secure rooms for our group. Even after many conversations with the manager, I was still concerned that my group would not even have rooms when we arrived. We had rooms, but the wrong type - king jacuzzi for families of 4. Finally, the hotel has a constant hum to it. At first I was told the "hum" was caused by ghosts who haunt the hotel - really this was an explanation given to me. Then, I was told that the hum was a water pump that controlled water flow to the entire hotel. This hum was so loud that I thought it came from the airplanes at the nearby Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I would have changed hotels if I could have found a room. This place also charged everyone's credit cards 3 days prior to check-in. I found the entire experience very unprofessional and greatly disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SoccerMom0108
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Hotel is new and fresh. Big breakfast area with plenty of food.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We spent one night at the Comfort Suites Dayton on the way to Missouri. It was a very, very comfortable motel. The room was clean and had a huge, fluffy comforter on the bed. It is a bit off the highway but we decided to go there because they take pets and the reviews had been so good. We weren't disappointed. I wish we had had time to go to the U S Air Force Museum which is right across the street. President Bush was speaking at the museum so it was closed for the day. I would go back to the Comfort Suites anytime and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this VERY new and lovely appointed hotel. The hotel personnel were friendly and helpful, the room was beautiful, clean and comfortable, and the breakfast (including fresh fruits and yogurts) was delicious. I would recommend it to anyone planning to visit the area OR Wright Patterson/Air Force Museum. This hotel is DIRECTLY across the road from the Museum entrance. It's well worth the trip (the museum)has fascinating exhibits and is FREE!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)