“Dissappointed”

Comfort Suites Dayton
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the second time we stayed here (thought we would give them another chance!) last time the customer service was horrible thought maybe it was just a bad night! Well we stayed Thursday, March 28th with our grandson in one of the suites and we got ready to put him to bed and got the bedding out of the closet for his pull out and there were not pillow cases for his pillow. I gave him one of mine since I always bring my own pillow, but what is what with this place because last time we stayed there were NO linens at all in the room for the pull out bed for him at all and when I called the front desk they told me I would have to come down and pick them up myself!! When I went down there, three people were standing there doing nothing. They seriously need to work on how they do there housekeeping! Breakfast was a 5 if that on a scale to 1-10. My grandson would not even eat the sausage they served. When we left the gentleman at the front desk was playing a game on the computer and didn’t even bother to look up and say goodbye, have a good day, or anything! We will not be staying there ever again, there are way too many GREAT hotels in Dayton to choose from that will treat us with respect and I will leave happy not disappointed! Plus the plant was so sick in the bathroom it needed to be put to rest.

Room Tip: There is no tip, but if you stay here make sure before your ready for bed that you have all your lin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank penny m
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Dayton

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We chose this for it's location close to the Air Force museum. Everything was fine, except they had no newspapers in the morning. Room was clean, comfortable, carpet a little tired, breakfast area clean.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Room was very comfortable and I like that I can set the temp for heat/air; however, the hotel is a couple of miles from the nearest restaurants/food yet they have no vending machines. When paying $90.00 a night for a room I expect to be able to walk somewhere (be it next door or down the hall) to get a soda or snack. Next time I'll pay a little less at a different hotel for a lot more convenience

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Ever notice the lower priced hotels give you more. So is the case with the Comfort Suites. Conveniently located directly across from the US Airforce Museum, each room comes with a micro and fridge, YAY. You get free WARM breakfast in the morning YAY. The rooms come with a pull out couch YAY. The bed was not the best for me and hubby as it was very firm, we both woke up to backaches, the pool was small but did the job, and the lack of a hot tub was a shocker. The a/c worked well and the room stayed pretty warm in the eve that we did not need to turn on heat, water was nice and hot and nice curved shower curtain. There are no restaurants in the near proximity but a short drive over the hill and there are plenty. You definitely get your money's worth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here a year ago and enjoyed it enough to come back. Everything was the same including the desk clerk. Check in was very fast. The king bed was very comfortable, shower was hot and the HVAC was quiet. The room was spacious and clean. The only oddity was the clunky old Tube type TV, but we weren't spending much time in front of the tube so it didn't matter.

IMHO this property is the absolute best place to stay if you are visiting the Air Force Museum which is right across the street.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Gosh, we never had ANY problems. We had a king room, that was clean and spacious. The bed was sooo comfy, our room was quiet and we slept like babies. Breakfast was wonderful. The place was clean and didn't smell at all. The pool was nice. Front desk staff was very helpful. We LOVED that this hotel was right across the street from the Air Force Museum, but not in a noisy part of town. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. Stayed here two nights and would stay again if we're ever in that part of the country.

Room Tip: We like king rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mommy51
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Reserved a room at this hotel with a group for my son's soccer tournament labor day weekend and was never informed of any sort of non refundable deposit given we were reserving so close to our arrival date. Upon reserving the room I was never given a reservation number, but I requested that they email me all the information, this never happened.

As things turned out, I had to cancel the reservation do to my work schedule and send my son with another family. When I initially called to cancel the Tuesday before the customer service rep couldn't find my reservation. I called back later in the afternoon and another customer service rep found it after a couple tries eventually needing my card number to do so and informed me it had already been canceled. That was it. No cancellation number, no information about being held accountable for an initial check in charge of one nights stay, nothing. I also discussed this with our team manager and she was never informed of a non refundable booking fee either.

When I checked my account balance Saturday morning I found a $338.58 charge on my debit card from this hotel. After multiple phone calls and discussions with the owner he finally relented to refunding 2 nights of our reservation (which still hasn't happened after 2 weeks) and keeping the first night charge as a "policy fee" for not having cancelled 14 days in advance. The reservation was made 9 days prior to arrival. He also suggested that if I had a problem with this to contact my bank and dispute the charges and eventually hung up on me.

Keeping in mind the supposed cancelation policy I have to ask why none of the families that cancelled their Sunday night stay were held accountable for this "policy fee"? Worst customer service I have ever received from a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Marriott at the University of Dayton
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!