WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Comfort Suites Dayton

Comfort Suites Dayton
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
Louisville, Kentucky
“Refused to acknowledge cancelation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Reserved a room at this hotel with a group for my son's soccer tournament labor day weekend and was never informed of any sort of non refundable deposit given we were reserving so close to our arrival date. Upon reserving the room I was never given a reservation number, but I requested that they email me all the information, this never happened.

As things turned out, I had to cancel the reservation do to my work schedule and send my son with another family. When I initially called to cancel the Tuesday before the customer service rep couldn't find my reservation. I called back later in the afternoon and another customer service rep found it after a couple tries eventually needing my card number to do so and informed me it had already been canceled. That was it. No cancellation number, no information about being held accountable for an initial check in charge of one nights stay, nothing. I also discussed this with our team manager and she was never informed of a non refundable booking fee either.

When I checked my account balance Saturday morning I found a $338.58 charge on my debit card from this hotel. After multiple phone calls and discussions with the owner he finally relented to refunding 2 nights of our reservation (which still hasn't happened after 2 weeks) and keeping the first night charge as a "policy fee" for not having cancelled 14 days in advance. The reservation was made 9 days prior to arrival. He also suggested that if I had a problem with this to contact my bank and dispute the charges and eventually hung up on me.

Keeping in mind the supposed cancelation policy I have to ask why none of the families that cancelled their Sunday night stay were held accountable for this "policy fee"? Worst customer service I have ever received from a hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northeast Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent 2 nights there when dropping our daughter off at University of Dayton. The area around the hotel was quiet. The room size was pretty good for the price. There were some minor issues with dust/dirt in the room, but not terrible. The breakfast food was quite poor. The staff was friendly.
Contrary to one prior review, no signs of insects at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I was stationed with the Air Force at Wright Patterson from 1992-1997. I returned to the area for a reunion. This hotel has been built directly across from the USAF Museum since I left.
We stayed there for several days while attending the reunion and visiting the Museum. Very convenient for that purpose. Rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfast was provided but fairly spartan even by Comfort Inn standards. But coffee was available and appreciated all 24 hours. Front desk dealt with several booking issues we had promptly and professionally.
The hotel does sit alone by itself and there are no restaurants within walking distance.
Would we stay here again, we probably would if our visit to Dayton was primarily for the USAF Museum.

Stayed July 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff was amazing. The coin laundry was great. The room was both spacious and clean, even smelling fresh! The bathroom in our room was enormous compared to every other hotel we have visited as a family. Our only regret is that we were unable to stay longer. We will definitely be back when we plan our trip to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights on a long weekend and right away staff made us feel welcomed. Our room was on the first floor, opposite the lobby hallway to the pool. A fire door closed off our little section of 8 rooms and it was amazing how quite the room was, being so close to the lobby and the breakfast area.

As many other reviews indicate, breakfast was nothing too special but it did include eggs, alternating meats of sausage patties and turkey bacon (changing each day). Right there for me that is so much better than a cup of mediocre coffee and a stale danish which is the breakfast I have been offered at many a hotel of the years.

As with all these complimentary breakfasts, it's first come, first serve. If you want a waffle and don't want to have to wait behind the dozen kids lined up, be sure to get out there early. They also provide fresh fruit, yogurt, bakery sweets, bread, and choice of hot cereals, cold cereals, apple juice, orange juice, water and several coffee varieties.

I will admit I was nervous after reading reviews including notations about bedbugs. But I did my research, checked out our room before we even brought in our luggage. With this latest global infestation, it's just something you have to do these days. Happy to say, no sign of the little buggers. But it did give me a chance to take a closer look at the pillow-top mattress which was just dreamy to sleep on.

The room was huge. A 2 queen suite with a 1 person sofa-sleeper, refrigerator and microwave. A bathroom no claustrophobe would ever have a problem with. The only down side to the room was the weak Wi-Fi signal.

It also appears that our stay was just a couple weeks after huge storms came through the area, destroying the patio furniture. It is my understanding they will be replacing that in the near future.

Located right across the street from the National Air Force Museum, you do need to drive to visit the museum and to get a bite to eat. However I will say between chain restaurants and local hangouts, there are dozens of choices available within just a couple miles of the hotel.

We were visiting town for festival and not really planning on going back next year, but we enjoyed our hotel stay so much, we may have to make it an annual event.

Please note the photos on their website are accurate and up-to-date. This is a great little (65 room) family and pet friendly place to stay when you are in Dayton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank solotraveler3000
Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very nice and clean. Right next to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum. That was our destination so a quick breakfast at the hotel and we were set for the day. However, if you plan to stay longer, I did not see other restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel staff was friendly, we were glad they allow dogs, and the room was spacious and clean. Pleasant stay - no complaints. The pool is tiny, indoors, and cold, but we were glad to have it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek
Crowne Plaza Dayton
Crowne Plaza Dayton
#14 of 48 in Dayton
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!