“Nice for reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 47 Hotels in Dayton
Orlando, Florida
“Nice for reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I was stationed with the Air Force at Wright Patterson from 1992-1997. I returned to the area for a reunion. This hotel has been built directly across from the USAF Museum since I left.
We stayed there for several days while attending the reunion and visiting the Museum. Very convenient for that purpose. Rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfast was provided but fairly spartan even by Comfort Inn standards. But coffee was available and appreciated all 24 hours. Front desk dealt with several booking issues we had promptly and professionally.
The hotel does sit alone by itself and there are no restaurants within walking distance.
Would we stay here again, we probably would if our visit to Dayton was primarily for the USAF Museum.

Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff was amazing. The coin laundry was great. The room was both spacious and clean, even smelling fresh! The bathroom in our room was enormous compared to every other hotel we have visited as a family. Our only regret is that we were unable to stay longer. We will definitely be back when we plan our trip to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights on a long weekend and right away staff made us feel welcomed. Our room was on the first floor, opposite the lobby hallway to the pool. A fire door closed off our little section of 8 rooms and it was amazing how quite the room was, being so close to the lobby and the breakfast area.

As many other reviews indicate, breakfast was nothing too special but it did include eggs, alternating meats of sausage patties and turkey bacon (changing each day). Right there for me that is so much better than a cup of mediocre coffee and a stale danish which is the breakfast I have been offered at many a hotel of the years.

As with all these complimentary breakfasts, it's first come, first serve. If you want a waffle and don't want to have to wait behind the dozen kids lined up, be sure to get out there early. They also provide fresh fruit, yogurt, bakery sweets, bread, and choice of hot cereals, cold cereals, apple juice, orange juice, water and several coffee varieties.

I will admit I was nervous after reading reviews including notations about bedbugs. But I did my research, checked out our room before we even brought in our luggage. With this latest global infestation, it's just something you have to do these days. Happy to say, no sign of the little buggers. But it did give me a chance to take a closer look at the pillow-top mattress which was just dreamy to sleep on.

The room was huge. A 2 queen suite with a 1 person sofa-sleeper, refrigerator and microwave. A bathroom no claustrophobe would ever have a problem with. The only down side to the room was the weak Wi-Fi signal.

It also appears that our stay was just a couple weeks after huge storms came through the area, destroying the patio furniture. It is my understanding they will be replacing that in the near future.

Located right across the street from the National Air Force Museum, you do need to drive to visit the museum and to get a bite to eat. However I will say between chain restaurants and local hangouts, there are dozens of choices available within just a couple miles of the hotel.

We were visiting town for festival and not really planning on going back next year, but we enjoyed our hotel stay so much, we may have to make it an annual event.

Please note the photos on their website are accurate and up-to-date. This is a great little (65 room) family and pet friendly place to stay when you are in Dayton.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank solotraveler3000
Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very nice and clean. Right next to Wright Patterson Air Force Museum. That was our destination so a quick breakfast at the hotel and we were set for the day. However, if you plan to stay longer, I did not see other restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel staff was friendly, we were glad they allow dogs, and the room was spacious and clean. Pleasant stay - no complaints. The pool is tiny, indoors, and cold, but we were glad to have it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newton Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

newer clean motel with friendly cheerful staff. Be careful making reservations as they dont speak English as we know it. Free breakfast was ok nothing special. AF Museum right across the street. Need to drive 10 -15 minutes for lunch/dinner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Southeast USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have stayed here several times and it had been ok. This trip I had bedbug issues. Bites over most of my body. Found critters in the early morning and many small blood spots on the sheets. Ilk!! Manager blamed foreign tourists "who bring these things in" but, lets face it, he took their money and its his job to patrol the rooms afterwards. He never actually apologized to me, either. I itch all over. I went to the infirmary and they contacted the local health department - I must admit, I am impressed by Montgomery County Health as they were right on top of it. The rooms seem clean, but if you pull the bed back, you will find that it hasn't been cleaned back there in quite a while. The mattress in my room was well experienced and not too comfortable.

Well, not your average review of a hotel is it? On top of all this, they charged me a $.99/day "green fee" - I guess to feed the wildlife. I'd review details but this is not your best choice in this area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank RichardSoutheast
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Wingate by Wyndham Dayton - Fairborn
Comfort Inn Dayton / Miller Ln.
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!