“perfect for visitors to the National Air Force Museum”

Comfort Suites Dayton
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Mid Hudson, New York
“perfect for visitors to the National Air Force Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

The site is across the road from the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and the museum is clearly visible from the main entrance. The location is somewhat remote, good restaurants are some distance away, although highway access is good. However be sure to understand precise directions to the site for whatever route from which you approach. My room was quite spacious, comfortable and properly furnished. Bathroom fittings were quite good, ready hot water, plentiful towels. TV set was adequate, an outdated tube model with so-so channel selection. Air conditioning operated properly and there were two units installed in the room. The remote location works very well for quiet ambience and an uninterrupted sleep. I did not try the complimentary breakfast as I brought my own in with me. Overall good bang for buck.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Walking in I knew i would have a great stay, the lobby was filled with a closed promise to my 5 nights. The staff was friendly as always, and the service was above average. Overall, the hotel fulfilled my needs and more, and I can not thank the staff enough for that.

Room Tip: The location was alright, i wish they had a big mall close by.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
dayton, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Wow!! After almost FIVE years, management decides to respond?!?! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60785-d653256-r12101191-Comfort_Suites_Dayton-Dayton_Ohio.html
Manager: IF you had read my review in its entirety you would have seen that we did not stay in the room for 5 minutes. We IMMEDIATELY complained and left and were told we would not be charged...that same evening..NOT at check out!!!! The problem is that you charged my mother, (who had called in and charged the room as a gift unbeknownst to us). When I called to make sure her card was refunded, you refused. Luckily, I faxed the entire complaint to the corporate office. Magically, once they spoke to you, you had a change of heart and sent out a refund check right away. This renewed my faith in Comfort Suites, but sadly not in your particular hotel. I assume you are responding now to clear up any loose ends on bad reviews...but five years later?? Ridiculous!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel was obviously older, but it was clean and comfortable. The staff had a little trouble finding our reservation, but my husband showed them our confirmation e-mail, and it was sorted out. We were given a double room with handicapped accessibility, which was a nice size for us and our 2 young children. The room smelled a little odd, but it was not offensive.

The breakfast was very good. We loved the fact that they had a waffle maker.

Overall, this hotel was adequate and met our needs, but it was not overly nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CS311, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Dayton, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind response. It is always nice to hear from our guests.
We to our best to make every moment you spend here a memorable one. Did you vist the U S Air Fore Museum - It's FREE. Open 9am - 5pm Daily except Thanksgiving, Christmas, & Newyears. Come back. The day you stayed we had all our rooms steam cleaned.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Used this Hotel Many Many times. Great Service and will continue to do so.
Helpful Staff and Great Quality

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We are proud to be of service to you for what you do for us.
East Troy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is a new hotel since my last visit to the Air Force Museum. Very convenient to the museum, easy to get to from the highway. Rooms are nice, large, and well appointed.
Breakfast was OK. Typical. I didn't care for the "faux bacon" - ham strips shaded to look like bacon.
Staff was OK, but evening desk clerk was of little help when I had a problem with the electronic door lock would not accept my key card, or the master from the front desk. Her answer was it would be corrected the next morning. I asked what was I to do until then? - Shoulder shrug.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at Comfort Suites Wright Patterson so I could visit the National Museum of the USAF. Upon checkout there was a bogus $.99 charge for a "hotel service fee" for each night that I stayed. I asked the desk clerk to remove the fee but he would not. So I paid my bill and went directly back up to the room where I telephoned Choice Hotels customer service. By the time I had my luggage loaded, the clerk told me that the fee had been refunded. So--he could have done it all along but simply dug in his heels. I hate that type of behavior. I probably will not stay there again although the hotel was satisfactory and is the closest hotel to the USAF museum entrance. I marked it down one star because of the bogus fee.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side can view the USAF museum buildings
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GeorgiaRobert
CS311, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Dayton, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Good Evening. It is a great honor for us to have the opportunity to serve you. I am glad you liked the hotel and its amenities. The "hotel service fee" ( .99 ) has been added because the hotel is sitting on a water table. Thereby we cannot use chemicals and acids. The county charges that. We will be glad to refund the 99 cents for you on your next trip. Please come back to the Comfort Suites Wright Patterson in Dayton.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Dayton Beavercreek

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!