“Good value - Comfortable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Dayton

Comfort Suites Dayton
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Cruising on a sailboat in FL Keys
“Good value - Comfortable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

If you are visiting the National Museum of the USAF, this is the perfect hotel as it is literally across the street. We will definitely stay here again when we make a return visit to the museum.

The rooms are large and well maintained, The beds and bedding are first rate and in good repair. The window air conditioners are about as good as you can expect from a window air conditioner. They're not silent, but they don't sound like the typical C17 on take-off roll either.

The complimentary breakfast offerings were good and plentiful with both hot and cold items as well as whole fresh fruit on offer.

Wifi was free and fast with strong stable signals.

My only beef was that the shower lacked pressure. There was plenty of hot water, but it came out at about half the volume I would normally use. The rest of the bathroom was fine. Nice full length granite vanity, quality fixtures and decent towels and toiletries.

If you arrive late, plan on eating before arrival as there is not a whole lot in the area in the way of food. Fortunately there are places that deliver and we managed to have decent Chinese takeout delivered in about 40 mins.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DocFraud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family decided to stay here because it was near to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum and the Boonshoft Museum. Room 201 was very clean and nicely decorated. No problem with check-in or check-out. Location is literally right across from the entrance to the WP AF museum. My kids went to the swimming pool and the size was pretty good. However, they complained that the water was a bit too cold. This is a pet friendly hotel. I was hesitant about staying here but during our stay, I did not notice any pet hair in the room and my kids did not develop any allergy either. It has a small room for the business center. Nice spacious eating area but not a lot of variety. Front desk was pleasant in checking us in but did not offer any general information about the hotel services.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank sparklespan
Montgomery, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Stopped for one night and had reserved a handicapped room. I didn't need all of the amenities of a HC room, but I did need some. Although the room was larger, the only main HC allowances were a plug at the front of the room by the door to plug in a cart and a buzzer on the door to open it rather than the keycard (tried it when our key quit working and it didn't work). The bathroom was NOT handicap accessible according to ADA. There was just one handrail by the tub and you needed to be a kangaroo to get into the tub. No way a wheelchair could get to the sink as it was blocked by the toilet. Breakfast was normal Comfort Inn. Got there near the end, so the egg rounds were pretty rubbery and the bacon stuck together. The fruit was brown.

Positives: Location location location. If you are planning to go to the Air Force Museum, you can't get any closer. It is just across the street (but I wouldn't recommend walking.Beautiful view of the museum.

As to whether I would stay here again, I'm not sure. I think I would stay over on 844 (just past Wright State) as there are plenty of restaurants in that area and is still very close to the Museum and other WPAFB facilities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Not much to say: it is OK, and it is a good value for the money. My room was clean, had free wifi. Staff was courteous.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We actually enjoyed our stay at this new hotel. The staff were friendly, very helpful and they sure were well trained. They also know the area really well which was helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and we have no complaints whatsoever. The breakfast was really great. They have a good variety and they were all new and fresh. They made sure the breakfast was well stocked at all times (breakfast hours) which was amazing. The location was perfect and the price was right for what you get at this nice hotel. It also helps that this is a no smoking hotel. The overall service was excellent and we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EmilyJL
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

My husband & I traveled with my parents to visit Wright-Patterson Air Force Museum. We both had rooms on the 3rd floor with windows overlooking the elevated freeway, entrance ramp, and train tracks below. We anticipated having trouble sleeping, but found that the rooms were well-insulated and had curtains that blocked out the light. We wanted you to know that all four of us had a great nights' sleep---we didn't even have to turn on the fan to drown out any noise because there really wasn't any. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated with plenty of room in the suites. No problem with check-in or check-out. Location is literally right across from the entrance to the WP museum.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Nursemaker
CS311, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Dayton, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Thanks.
We now have HOT MEATS, EGGS for breakfast at the Comfort Suites Wright Patterson.
We are one of the TOP Performing Comfort Suites in OHIO
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I made a reservation and when I made the reservation I asked if I needed to put give a credit card number and I was told no. When I arrived I was told my reservation was cancelled the day before (of which I had not done) I asked by whom and I was told they did not know who had cancelld my reservation. They however found me another place to stay.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldcar52
Tk27, Owner at Comfort Suites Dayton, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
We are honored to have any reservation at this Comfort Suites Wright Patterson. Please be aware of the cancel policies. We have a VERY high demand and therefore we have to maintaing the cancel policies. We honor all discounts and try to accomodate all our valuable guests. Group reservations in Particulr must reserve their rooms AT LEAST 30 m- 45 days prior to arrival. Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#23 of 46 in Dayton
3.0 of 5 stars 36 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Dayton? Share your experiences!