“Overall a typical coutryard marriott. Good experience”

Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've stayed at this Courtyard a few times in the past. Overall it is a typical courtyard. It is relatively new and clean. The beds are comfortable. The restaurant for breakfast this morning was very crowded because of the UD game. Overall, a good courtyard. I recommend it if you will be in the area. Particularly great place to stay for any games at UD Arena. Right across the street from the arena.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

AndrewBVA,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard UD. I'm glad you liked our hotel, staff, and great location. Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to it.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's a Marriott. They were training the front desk people and I have stayed in so many Marriott Courtyards I knew more than they did. Recently stayed in a Holiday Inn and their property upgrade was so nice I'm thinking about switching loyalty programs. The same decor over these many years feels tired. Generally the place felt a bit gritty and not sharp and kept up. My room on the second floor had one of those long entry halls to the bed but I could hear clearly what was going on in the hallway. Loud people late at night woke me up a couple of times.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

LinGal2001,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard, and we're always glad to hear from our loyal Marriott guests. I apologize for your stay not being a satisfying one for you. Your feedback is important and I'm glad to hear from you. We will work on making improvements and hope you'll return to see them. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here to visit UD and see a basketball game. The hotel is right across and a short walk from the arena, although on this very cold day we could have used the shuttle that the other bigger Marriott has. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was Marriott comfortable and the mini fridge was a nice extra. Although the room was nice size, the web site led us to believe the room was more of a suite with some division between the bed and couch. The lobby, pool and exercise room were very nice. We would definitely recommend if you are going to a game.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

lilirishstar,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Courtyard. We're glad you chose to stay with us while visiting UD, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our staff and comfortable rooms. Please plan to visit us again. We enjoyed your company.

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night, checked in around 10 pm. Opened door to my room and there was some other gentleman sitting at the desk in his underwear working on his computer. I've stayed in 100+ hotels per year for the past six our seven years and this had never happened before. Sloppy and alarming. Doesn't make me feel safe.

• Stayed: January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear CanadianJDK:
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. Due to the importance of privacy, we will be reaching out to you in a personal manner. Thank you.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are from the area and needed a place to stay during the week in early December. We have never been too impressed by the "big" Marriott on the East side of the Great Miami, but this one has been built in the last few years as a joint project between the University of Dayton and Marriott to for the basketball fans. This Marriott courtyard has a small but nicely appointed lobby. We were given a room which was very comfortable and quiet. Staff said they were busier than usual, and the parking lot was full, but it was not evident to me with much noise, foot traffic, etc.

The food is okay -- your basic bar food at night. Breakfast was generous, but I recall it was not free. The bedroom, bathroom and halls were clean; staff was friendly; I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

CarrlandsReview,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased to have had you as our guests, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope your comments will encourage others to come and stay with us at Courtyard UD. I'm glad you liked our hotel and friendly staff. Please visit us again.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife is a alumni of the university and big UD basketball fan. We stayed at this hotel when taking out 2 girls to their first UD basketball game, and we couldn't have picked a better hotel/location. The hotel is right across from UD arena. We were able to park at the hotel, check in, and then walk across the street to the game, avoiding the parking headache. If you are in from out of town to check out a game, I would recommend this as well. It made it very easy and convenient.

The room was very nice as well. We had a small balcony that overlooked the river which was nice. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel lobby was very nice as well. Nice to have a fridge in the room also. TV was new and nice also.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area to visit UD, and we would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Jamaican_Rudy,
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard while visiting the university and taking in a basketball game. I hope you all had a great time! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff, and we hope you will return for another exceptional visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is the second time we have stay here while visiting relatives in Dayton. I hate to say it, but the bathrooms were not very clean. Mostly it was the floors, but even the "reuse towel" hang tag had something icky on it. Behind the door was a line of dirt on the wall where it had been mopped and the towels seemed worn and gray. The side tile in the shower had many stains and a black handprint I washed off with washcloth. The rest of the room was clean and comfortable. I did not contact management because it really wasn't that big of a deal. (My husband said I was being too picky.)

We ate breakfast at the hotel and although a little high, was very good and had good service.

Out of the last 7-10 hotels I have stayed at in the last year, this the most unclean and we have stayed in a couple of pretty low budget offerings due to remote locations.

However, this is the perfect location for us with easy access, so we will probably stay here again. I may just check the room a little more closely before unpacking.

Room Tip: On the east side you can watch the birds on the canal.