If you've stayed at a Courtyard that's been built in the past 5 years or so I doubt you'll be surprised. Standard rooms with the bed against an internal (to the room) wall means no sounds coming through the wall by your head. Room is nicely appointed with a sofa, fridge, standard coffee service and a LCD screen. Of course you have places to store clothes and hang things up. While there is no tea service in room you will find tea bags in the lobby and the front desk will be happy to get you hot water.
Surprisingly the TV does NOT have an HDMI port which means no hooking your iDevice up to stream content. This was a disappointment to me as I'm used to having the fabulous Marriott Connect panel available to me. Certainly not a deal breaker but be warned if you are planning on catching up on some movies. Cable service was alright, not as many channels as I'd have liked but certainly more than the local three.
I did not get a chance to try the restaurant or room service so can't comment on the food. While I did not visit the gym this trip I did walk by and noticed the two lonely treadmills and eliptical machine begging for both a bigger space and to be joined by more equipment.
When I first checked in I was facing the highway. I decided to change rooms because I was right next to the elevator and housekeeping. From my short stay in the first room I'd say the windows are well insulated from the noise of I-75. My second room faced the "river" and was towards the end of the hallway. This afforded me the chance to take the well-lit stairs.
Overall a pretty standard experience at a standard Courtyard.
Service was very nice and even extrodinarily friendly. I did not get
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Dayton hotel is near the University of Dayton Arena offers all of the comfort you expect from a Marriott hotel. Our updated guest rooms and suites offer luxury bedding, mini-refrigerators and Free Wireless High Speed Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Dayton-University Of Dayton Hotel Dayton
- Dayton Marriott
- Dayton Courtyard
- Courtyard Dayton-University Of Dayton Ohio