“Interesting place for car lovers”

America's Packard Museum - The Citizens Motorcar Co.
Ranked #5 of 61 things to do in Dayton
Fenton, Illinois
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Interesting place for car lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

While on a group bus tour we stopped at this Citizens Motor Car and Packard Museum in Dayton. The men in my group really enjoyed this place. It is in an old dealership so that adds credence to the cars and displays. You can even smell a bit of oil and grease!! Two men who volunteer there were very informative and loved sharing their love of the Packard.

Roanoke, Virginia
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Spent a half day enjoying the Packards on display!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wanted to try something different this year, so I found the Dayton Packard Museum and spent a half day touring. The price was right at $5.00 for Seniors. Was easy to find and had lots to look at on my stay. Took over 100 photo of the cars to look at again now that I'm home. Would enjoy going back for a second trip next year.

PA
237 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We found this place by accident. The information that I had read on it didn't do it justice. If you like old cars, this museum is well worth the visit. Located in an old dealership in downtown Dayton, they have about 40 beautiful old cars. Our guide was very informative and really added to our visit. If you have a couple of hours, this museum would be a great place to visit.

Silver Lake, OH
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Good place for car buffs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We found it by accident, but what a place. Anybody who likes antique cars, check it out. The staff are pleasant and informative about the vehicles on site. We really enjoyed it.

Trenton, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcome back to 1956 .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I learned about this place from a friend . As a Packard enthusiast , I couldn't resist . The 5 dollar admission charge is a bargain ! Enjoyed looking at all the beautiful Packard cars . Some are very historically important ! The staff was friendly & answered all my questions . If I ever return to Dayton , you'll find me here !

Visited April 2013