“As expected!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Montreal, Canada
“As expected!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed a night here with families and friends. Beautiful hotel! Clean, spacious and staff were friendly. Hot breakfast, coffee and cookies all day at the lobby. Free water bottles at check-in...LOVE IT!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dayton, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Good location if you are passing through the state. Just off the main interstate and Wal-Mart and restaurants near by for last min needs. On my way to Canada so I looked for a place just on the other side of the city so I would not have to deal with traffic in the morning. Breakfast and all of the services were the same as every other Hampton. Big TV in the lobby to watch the news and weather for my trip home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

NYC Suburb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The room was a welcome treat for the 10-hour 1st leg of our journey, heading to NYC. The room was adequately sized for the 5 of us, and clean. We only stayed 1 night and left early the next morning, so a good sleep and hot breakfast was all we wanted, and got. Omelettes, (would have preferred scrambled, since it doesn't easily overcook in the steamer), bacon, fries, waffles, and the usual Continental breakfast spread was perfect for the family. The hotel is located next door to a Sam's Club, so as long as you're a member and have luggage room, you can grab any road trip supplies you need. Lots of nearby restaurants and just off the main road/highway. Didn't notice a gas station, but I'm sure one was near.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jamesburg, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Garbage collection at 4:45 in the morning and after complaining the staff could care less about the issue. HVAC system is noisy, walls are thin, I was bale to hear a general phone conversation in the room next to me along with the TV until late at night. When I first checked in I asked if the Garbage men picked up early in the morning because the dumpster was right outside my window on the second floor, I was told no they don't when I went by the front desk I asked again do the garbage men pick up early in the morning, the same person said no they don't. sure enough 4:45 am BANG BAM BOOM! the garbage men were outside banging the dumpster around to empty it. I called the front desk and they could care less that I was abruptly woken up at 4:45, not even and apology at check out!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Larry B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed regarding a loud noise due to the garbage collection. I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience and I assure you that I have made a note of this to discuss it in our next meeting. Our guest comfort is our main concern and I sincerely apologize that your rest was interrupted. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you again for your review.

Regards
Larry Bhog
Arkadelphia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had a very good stay and this hotel is my first choice when I am in the area. It is conviently located with many varied choices for dining. There were also locations for shopping nearby making my stay very pleasant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

sudbury,ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is the best place to stay on our travels mostly to and from Florida. We would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. The staff is always friendly and helpful and there is much to do and excellent places to eat in Vandalia.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Gloucester, VA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

The cleanliness of this hotel exceeded expectations and did the staff. The only real issue that was a minor cause for concern was the heating and air system - finding that setting where comfort was maintained. Over a three-day stay, could never find that temperature that felt just right - even though the thermostat was digitally controlled.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Fairfield Inn Dayton North
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia? Share your experiences!