“Great Quality hotel !!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Always a quality hotel with great service. The rooms were nice and clean as always with Hampton. The beds were nice and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. You are never let down staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was very impressed by the professional staff that works there. It was a very clean and quiet hotel. The business center was accessible any time that I wanted and there was no waiting. The breakfast was hot and tasty. It was nice to have fresh fruit out all the time to take back to my room and also to take one for the road. Thank you for taking the time for small details for your customers.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently stayed here while attending the NCAA basketball games at the University of Dayton. This Hampton is one of the best I have stayed in recently. Great location, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast area was great, and the staff was wonderful. Once again, I am a big fan of the Hampton Inn chain in general, and this one is one of the best Hampton's I have stayed at. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marsmadness
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I experienced an enjoyable stay. My room was spacious and very clean. The staff was extremely friendly; especially the front desk employee, Precious. She was professional, courteous and very efficient in person, as well as, by phone. My only issues were that the pool did not open earlier and when I retired for the evening I could hear children running in the room above me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Every time I travel, I always try yo stay @ hampton inns. I was going to Dayton for a business meeting and the first thing I did was to book my room at this hotel. As expected, clean rooms, delicious breakfast, friendly staff, reasonable rates, Hampton at its best ! I loved my experience at this hampton. If you guys have the opportunity to stay at this hotel, don't miss out !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe L
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of Hampton Inns, but this one is the best. Room was spotless, bed was great, bathroom was clean and pretty modern. Breakfast was on the higher end of what I expect at a Hampton. The only issue was that checking in, there was only one front desk clerk and she was a little swamped. Despite that, the staff was very friendly. Lots of restaurants nearby make it easy to find food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Having stayed at a Hampton Inn on previous occasions, there were no surprises at this location in terms of quality, speed of check-in, or prices. The location was okay, very close to the I-75, so access was easy. It is located along a hotel/restaurant strip, so there was lots to choose from for dinner. Breakfast was reasonable and simple. We came for the pool more than anything else. Unfortunately, construction standards have changed and the floors had far more flex in this location than in any other we've stayed at. Anyone who walked on their heels made a reverberating THUD, and we could hear our upstairs neighbours walking around. We did our best to walk on our toes so as not to announce ourselves.

The pool was nice and warm, we had it to ourselves. It was a bit murky in terms of underwater visibility. One should be able to see the far end of the pool 40 feet away underwater. It has depth ranging from 3'-5', so kids can easily swim or stand. There were lots of fresh towels as well.

One of the elevators was out of service, but the other elevator came quickly and was almost always empty.

The care taken in graphics for everything from the room numbers to the hillarious coffee labels shows a good corporate culture. The staff were all friendly, pleasant and welcoming. No surprises here. A touch expensive though.... the same furnishings and better floors can be had at the Best Western in the southern part of Dayton off the 675, but for restaurants and an indoor pool, this place is good.

Room Tip: There isn't much of a view to the north, other than looking into the pool and guest rooms of the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family