“Nice place, clean room, nice staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice place, room was very clean. Staff very nice. Numerous places to eat nearby. Wifi good enough to watch movie on Netflix. Would stay here again.

Hampton Inn's are my hotel of choice for business travel. Matress wasn't quite as comfortable as normal, but I was sore from driving all day, so that may have been me.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I always stay here when I am in Dayton. It is clean, friendly and efficient. The price is
a good value for a clean room and a free breakfast. Lots of restaurants in the area.
It is close to the highway. I have rarely stayed at a Hampton that was not a great
hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Under normal circumstances I would provide high ratings to this particular location. The rooms were clean, service was friendly and location was conviently located. The one major issue was that there was some construction going on in the lobby. The workers on several occasions parked in front of the main entrance. This should really have been advertised/announced on the web site before. As a Hilton Diamond member this is unacceptable.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Jlee73
Larry B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

I am so sorry for the construction issues you experienced while you stayed with us. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveniences.

Again, please accept my apologies and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just like most Hampton Inns, great for a quick stop on a road trip. The breakfast buffet was good and well staffed. The room was clean although the toilet paper holder fell off of the cabinet. The rooms seem a bit dated but that was not why we were there.

Overall a good place to stop. Great location for access to highway with no noticeable road noise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Larry B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Hamptonality. We looks to reviews such as these when looking to improve our on-property experience. Thank you for your feedback and we can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stopped for one night as we were on a road trip to Chicago. New hotel that is super convenient to the interstate. Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and fresh. Surrounded by restaurants, so everything is easy.

Room Tip: we stayed on the first floor close to the front desk and didn't even notice noise there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a very nice typical Hampton Inn. Friendly reception, grab-and-go breakfast, great location. There is an abundance of restaurants within a mile radius from the hotel, even a Coldstone Creamery in walking distance. The room was spotless. Wireless internet was fast, best I have ever encountered in a hotel room. There was enough room and deskspace to finish my work and presentation. Definitely a place to come back to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked 29 rooms for our daughter's wedding guests. Some stayed one night while several stayed at this Hampton for 5 days. Management, rooms and daily breakfast was excellent. Can not say enough good things. Love staying at a Hampton whenever it is available for our vacations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family