“You can find better”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Everyone raved about the place and it was its exclusiveness that a president running for office had tried to get in(Bush) that led us here but will not go back.
Overly priced meal definately and the steak was good but the price on it was way overinflated.
Live in wisconsin and I could name a number of places there that have better quality of a meal for half the price.I'm sure you are paying for the history of the place as well.You could also tell that it was a smoking place at one time that had to change over with the times but it could use a little cleaning...Also cramped in the booths where we ate and we are not overly big people.
Bottom line is I think a person could do better for the money.
PS. ,i would say the waitress was very attentive but had to run many times for us because the water glasses were too small to quench our thirsts.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Awesome steakhouse. Crowded little hideaway with a the best cuts of meat I've seen in a long time. It feels lie the kind of place Sinatra would visit. No reservations, so we drank wine at the bar for quite a bit. Worth the wait believe me. The bread looks great but skip it. You'll want to save room for the meat and sides. No reservations and no credit cards (hmmm), so stuff your wallet. They do take checks with several IDs and/or your first born. Yum!

2  Thank Kim R
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I am a frequent guest at the Pine Club and a member. Almost every time I am in Dayton we eat at the Pine Club. Everything they have is great. I have never had a bad meal. Filets are excellent along with the lamb chops. Keep in mind, no credit cards, cash only or you need to be a member and they bill you. You will not be disappointed. Atmosphere is still 70ish so not the best but not horrible. Food is excellent and over comes the atmosphere.

1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Pine Club is a Dayton tradition. They don't take any credit cards -- cash or their own account. If you're not there by 5 pm you will probably have to wait (no reservations). Dinners include salad and entree. No desserts are served. The steaks are incredible. However, the hamburgers are fantastic as well. Actually, I've never had anything bad there. Well worth the price!!

1  Thank janet_greenlee
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great menu includes steaks....duh...but you would not know that this little out of the way place is also has burgers. What do I like the original setting and the wait staff. We're talking some very experienced people not some child trying to get through college that really doesn't care about you or your food. If you have and issue just mention it and they will handle it. Try the house dressing red and white on your salad, hash browns crisp. Steaks the way you like it. Bring cash

1  Thank JCSfoodguy

Been to Pine Club? Share your experiences!