“Up and Away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Dayton B&B and Inns
Bellefontaine, Ohio, United States
“Up and Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I observed our 16th wedding anniversary at the Inn Port (Maui Room) We were going to stay in the Crowne Plaza, however, all the reviews lately were negative. I came across the Inn Port online and called and they had accommodations available. We have never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast before and were a little apprehensive. The experience was much better than a hotel room! From M & M's waiting for us upon arrival to Hawaiian music next to Jacuzzi. We loved it ALL! We also took a short walk downtown while waiting for our restaurant to open only to stumble upon a Reggae Festival. That was cool as well! Unfortunately, we didn't get to stay long as we had scheduled a hot air balloon ride across Dayton early in the morning with Bella Hot Air Balloons. When in Dayton again, we will stay in a B & B from now on.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori L

Quincy, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The idea of a campy Hawaiian theme in the middle of the Midwest should have been enough to deter us. For this price, I expect Press coffee beans and a grinder. I expect the front and back porches to be swept, cigarette butts removed, dead plants removed, live plants trimmed, and wrapped chocolates and microwave popcorn in kitchen. I would also expect the mold and mildew to be removed from bathroom and kitchen. The neighborhood, however, is charming, and the Shakespeare play in the park across the street was fun.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandsprite
innport, Manager at Inn Port Guesthouse, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Inn Port. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your Maui Suite experience. The Maui Suite is designed to be a tropical oasis in the heart of the Midwest. As such, it cannot be all things to all people. We try to provide clean, comfortable accommodations with the added amenity of an en suite hot tub. Our staff takes pride in the cleanliness of our units, and we wish if you had had any issues, you would have contacted your innkeeper on call to assist. We are glad that you enjoyed the Shakespeare in the Park Event. We are so fortunate to be located in a historic district with wide and varied entertainment options.
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

My husband and I had a short overnight getaway to unwind and this was the perfect place to go. Leslie, the owner, showed us around when we first arrived and was very nice. The room was great and we even enjoyed the record player that came in ours. The location in the Oregon District could not have been better. You are close enough to walk to all of the restaurant and bars that are there but far enough off of the main street that you don't hear the noise. Breakfast was nice and while we were eating Leslie came by again to see if we needed anything else. Later she sent a personal email thanking us for staying and she even remembered details from our conversation which I thought was wonderful. The owners really enjoy owning this B and B and it really shows. My husband and I have already recommended that his parents stay here while in town visiting us if they want to see the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paitie
Victoria, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

Your best bet for friendly, clean, courteous, and charming historic house and service in Dayton's coolest neighborhood!

Right in the heart of the Oregon District in a quiet area but a block away from all the district has to offer!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

My bridesmaids and I stayed in the Caribbean Villa the night before my wedding, and my husband and I stayed in the Champagne Suite for the first two nights after the wedding. The entire experience was fabulous! The rooms were even more spacious and beautiful than what was in the pictures, and it was a surprisingly quiet atmosphere, considering its location. We took full advantage of the jukebox in the Carribbean Villa, and it was a wonderful place to relax after the hectic wedding week. The Champagne Suite was the perfect place to begin our honeymoon. The hottub was great, and we took advantage of the couples' weekend special, which included a thirty minute massage for each of us. That was wonderful as well! Our host Leslie was so gracious and made sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast food that was waiting for us in both rooms was perfect as well. I would absolutely advise anyone looking for a place to stay, to stay here! We're definitely planning on returning for our anniversary, and I'm hoping to get all my friends together for another ladies' night as soon as possible!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2009

Great location to stay near the Oregon District with unique shops & nice restaurants. A lovely park right across the street from the Inn. The reason for our stay was to attend the Dayton Air Show (fantastic show) and all the great museums. Everyony should see all that Dayton, OH has to offer.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dayton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Best value and best accomodations in dayton. I was able to reserve space for 8 in the European Villa suite. Perfect location for our girls night out, located right behind the restaurants and bars of the Oregon District. Offered more intimacy and character than a hotel and the availability of a kitchenette in suite is an added perk.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Crowne Plaza Dayton
Crowne Plaza Dayton
#12 of 45 in Dayton
Marriott at the University of Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South

Been to Inn Port Guesthouse? Share your experiences!