“Best place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Lexington, Kentucky
“Best place to stay”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The only complaint I have is the construction on I-75. This was our second time staying at this hotel in this location.
They didn't have a queen double so they gave us a King deluxe. The room was a corner room which I loved. It was so clean everything looked new. The bathroom was beautiful with a garden tub and a full shower as well. It was one of the biggest bathrooms that we have seen in a hotel.
They have what is called kickback at 5:30 every evening. You receive 3 drinks during that time. It can be wine, soda, or bourbon. The snacks weren't as good as we had remembered from a previous stay. The food was luke warm and really not that good. The same was true for the breakfast that they have. I guess we should be grateful that they have this service. It just might have been a bad 2 days for some reason. The service was great and the employee's are very friendly which we appreciated. I will stay again but I hope the food has improved.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Checked in late to our room at the Drury Inn. Room and property appeared clean and well maintained. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was good with plenty of variety and large eating area. Only complaint was the mattress and pillows on the bed. We prefer a firmer mattress and pillow, but both beds in the room were too soft so did not sleep comfortably.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is my first hotel review, but to say that I felt compelled enough to create a Trip Advisor account and to refer it speaks highly about the over all experience.

My wife had taken a trip with her friend so it was up to my two kids ages 7 and 9, and family dog, our poodle Mollie, to have our own little trip.

I decided to visit friends in Tennessee and then on the way back wanted to visit the Air Force Museum located near Dayton, OH. I found this hotel very easily through Kayak and verified it was pet friendly.

I am so happy to have stay here. The location is excellent! Such an easy find being right off the highway. When we arrived we were greeted very professionally with a smile by the desk clerk and a very professional lobby. I asked about directions to the local museum of which the front desk clerk was knowledgeable and provided with me some information to at least get me in the right direction the following day.

The room itself was clean. Being so pet friendly one could think that the place may smell of animals, but so not the case here. Everything was clean and smelled fresh throughout. The beds were made with above your average linens and the bathroom was impeccable clean as well. Ever since I've started watching 'Hotel Impossible' I kind of find myself doing the little checks around the toilet rims and shower heads now. The Drury Inn passed both of those test.

For dinner this hotel is within walking distance of at least 3 major restaurant chains and even shares a parking lot with Panera Bread. So the kids and I walked to our dinner and enjoyed some Panera Bread breakfast and coffee in the morning.

Again, I am very happy to have stayed at this hotel and if the need should arrive again to where I pass through I would not hesitate again in booking a reservation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very quite and enjoyed the room. Will stay here again. Easy access to I-75. Breakfast is worth the night s stay as it was hot and fresh. Won t beat the breakfast at any other hotel. Beds were comfortable. Had a great stay

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank roadmap2
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Always clean and well maintained. They have super comfortable new beds and bedding. Just like Europe. Free dinner items (kickback 5-7pm) with two drinks. Hot, free breakfast. Nice pool and whirlpool. Staff is very friendly and professional.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Agree with all the fabulous reviews of this place. Clean, tasteful, spacious rooms--attentive, friendly staff, free drinks and food. The only off note was the coffee--though not everyone likes really strong coffee, this hardly passed as weak. A small quibble, but one that could be easily rectified.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean, cozy, great service! Woman at the front desk was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the surrounding area. Room was beautiful and reflected pictures on website.This is where I will stay from now on while in the area.

• Stayed September 2013