“Excellent pet friendly hotel!”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Like all Drury hotels I've stayed at, this is a superb property. Clean, modern, comfortable and featuring the Drury extras (great breakfast, happy hour - free drinks, hot dogs and other light dinner items and free pop and popcorn all day and free log distance phone calls). All of this for under $100 / night. The hotel staff are also very courteous and friendly. This property is pet friendly and doesn't charge extra for pets like most other hotels. The only small issue there is that the property has precious little space to walk your dog. Still, overall, definitely a 5 star property!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I don't often take long trips in the car so traveling with my Shih Tzu had not been an issue before. I was happy to find that the Drury Inns allow pets in the rooms and without the high extra fee charged by some others . The suite was comfortable, clean and a nice size. Staff members were friendly and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised to have a complimentery meal available in the evening as well as in the morning. The inn is conviently located just off I 75. I would definitely stay again and can highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The rates for suites are only a little more than what is charged for a standard room. Definitely wo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I love the Drury Inn's and try to stay in them in Ohio. This hotel is right off I75 and they are close to a lot of restaurants along with Wal Mart and Sam's Club. This hotel is clean the the rooms are wonderful. Upgrade to a full suite for a few bucks more. You will not be disappointed. You get a hot breakfast in the morning and the evening you arrive, you get 2 free beverages along with hot dogs, baked potatoes, and lots of other stuff. A family could actually have dinner here for free. You can also walk to Panera from the parking lot. Great location and excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a full suite - the room is very large and you have a seperate living room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Found the room spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and welcoming and helpful. Excellently priced value with hot breakfast and happy hour included. Very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After 5 days on the road and 3 hotels, my husband's first words when we walked in the door were, "How much more are we paying for this room?" (and we'd been staying in comparable chains). Oh! And the room was In the middle price range of the rooms so far on this trip. Very nice rooms with wonderful accents and a great floor plan. The breakfast servers were SO friendly! It's been a long time since I was greeted with a sincere, "Good morning, merry sunshine!". Tasty food with great choices, too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The people were great. Room & sheets clean.I always check the sheets!!!!They put us on the top floor(7th) by accident (with a dog) but they compensated for that discrepancy . The room was clean but dark. The breakfast was great! The kick- back at 5:30pm was practically a meal. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this Drury Inn location, off of Miller Lane just a few days ago. While I had stayed here before when the hotel was relatively new I had not posted a review. This visit however, really needs to be broadcast out to the traveling public who come to the Dayton, OH Area. Before arrival there had been some nasty storms in the area knocking out power to a good portion of the Dayton Area, and I was worried that due to this there might not be rooms available. After checking my reservation, I showed up at this location at roughly 6pm. The check-in was the smoothest I have ever had. They then asked if I was going to be participating in their PM Snack time. Now, when you hear this you think of a little kid going to school and the teacher hands them a graham cracker.

NOT SO. Upon putting my bags in my room I visited their spacious food area. There was everything from salad to hot dogs to nachos to mini-spicy chicken poppers. With the snack it includes, for those over 21, 3 free drinks (beer, wine, or cocktails). Needless to say I was very impressed at this 5 star treatment for such a low price.

After having some of the delicious food and having a few beverages (Soda Pop and Popcorn are also available for Free until 10pm) I then proceeded back to my room to relax. The lowest priced room I could get was a 2 Queen bed room, but that didn't bother me at all. The cable selection was great, although no pay-per-view channels, and the internet was always top notch. Another great surprise came in the restroom. Unlike other hotels that still use the mini bottles of soap, and shampoo, they now havesanitary dispensers system built right into the back wall of the shower! Just press the button and it dispenses as much soap, shampoo, or conditioner as you want. I think its a great idea as I am a larger person and I never feel like there is enough soap in the little bottles.

Breakfast at this location was also top notch. They had everything from eggs, to french toast, to cereal, it was spectacular. Better than some on the hotel breakfasts I have had in the past. And check-out also was a snap.

The location itself is in a very busy area with MANY resturants and many other hotels on the same road as well as a Wal-Mart and Sam's Club if you would need anything the front desk didn't have. And also being right next to the freeway it was VERY quiet. I didn't hear a single truck or car all night.

If you come to the Dayton area, you will definitely do yourself a big favor and stay here.

Room Tip: Never a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo