“Lost A repeat customer at this location”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio
“Lost A repeat customer at this location”
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed here for a "night away" every couple of months for the last 2 years, my husband and I decided for a last minute stay to finish up his week of vacation last night. Although staff continues to bust their behinds to run the place (a total of 2 ladies doing the best they could trying to do about 5 jobs; front desk, customer complaints, pool crowd control with no success (12 + kids with only 2 visible adults dominate entire pool), unregistered guests being allowed/snuck in side doors, older guests showing up to use pool and leaving in disgust. A group of young adults became very threatening toward myself and my family after I addressed their wrestling in the hallways outside of the pool then another couple with the same group appearing to be having a physical altercation. After a call to 911 after being spoke to in a manner I thought threatened in while walking my dog, the 1 registered guest chose to check out at 2:30am trying to beat the officers showing up~ side note is the 25 min it took for butler township to respond. The location is only blocks away from a very ghetto area of town, and control of safety & security has been diminished to the point that a dangerous situation will not be able to be controlled should it occur. Please keep in mind this was a Sunday night, which should be a slower night, in which management says security is not in place for that reason. Skimping on staff & security is more than likely going to lead to an avoidable tragedy.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank buckeyefan_0104
, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
First, I’d like to thank you for staying with us and being our guest. At Drury, we believe comments like yours can help us to better our service for all guests. Our guest satisfaction and safety is our number one priority. I apologize that you experienced a problem during your stay. I regret that you did not feel secure during your stay with us due to the actions of other guests. We have implemented new practices to prevent this type of situation from occurring in the future including more pool monitoring by our front desk team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us as we strive to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable, and relaxing lodging experience while away from home. We value your opinion and hope that you will come back to give us an opportunity to earn your trust and provide you the outstanding service and atmosphere that you deserve. Thank you
M. Monterosso
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights and wish we could have stayed more. Great friendly staff, clean rooms and common areas and a great morning and afternoon buffet.
Each adult is granted a drink card good for 3 drinks at the Kickback (make sure you use it before 7pm, as they have a hard cutoff time). The food selection was above average, and substantial enough that we didn't need to go out for dinner.

• Stayed June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I couldn't wait to review this hotel-wow!
We stayed in a Queen double suite and it was superb. The room was immaculately clean. The staff at the front desk, Lisa and Sierra, provided exceptional customer service. The breakfast was great with a nice variety. The location is excellent with several restaurants, and a Walmart within walking distance. I definitely recommend this hotel and hope to stay again.
Thank you!
The Collins'

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank SNGCollins
Chicagoland, USA
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed a weekend at this hotel in early May and had a very pleasant time. The amenities of breakfast and, especially, the "happy hour" was quite nice. I would recommend this hotel quite highly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ktmdms
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was recently in the area on business and stayed here for two evening. I was shocked when I walked into the front lobby at how nice this place was. I previously saw the rate that my company was paying for me to stay here and I didn't expect much. Wow was I wrong. The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and efficient. I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds which was again very clean and well appointed. Other than the bed linens (clean but outdated) everything was very well updated. They had a wonderful free breakfast in the morning with a large variety of food. Also was surprised to see the variety of food and drinks that were offered for free at the evening cocktail reception. The hotel was located next to numerous restaurants that were very easy to walk to. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, WV
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I can't understand why this hotel is rated so good. After my wife and I checked in, we went to our room. We both noticed a musty smell as soon as we stepped into our room. I instantly verified we weren't given a smoking room by mistake. I almost left because of the smell. My wife also noticed the spackling patches on the wall. The paint did not cover it up. Poor quality and cleanliness of the room. So take my advise, do not stay here. The smell might cause allergies. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
First, I’d like to thank you for staying with us and being our guest. At Drury, we believe comments like yours can help us to better our service for all guests. Our guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I apologize that you experienced problems during your stay regarding the room smell and the overall maintenance and upkeep of your room. We take pride in the product that we provide to each guest and strive to provide you with a clean and well maintained room to exceed your expectations for your lodging needs during your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be addressed with our maintenance and housekeeping teams. We value your opinion and hope that you will come back to give us an opportunity to earn your trust and provide you the outstanding service and atmosphere that you deserve. Thank you.
M. Monterosso AGM.
Huntsville
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This was beautiful hotel with many pluses. Did I say it looked nice inside? A plus was they had heavy h'orderves and 3 drinks each evening.

The room was clean and well kept except for the dated bed linens. The tub/shower had a handhold for safety. We had a nice size flat screen. The bath was very nice with gleaming tile and granite counter tops. Granite was also on the top of the chest that the TV was on.

Another plus was its location. We were visiting the Air Force Museum and this motel was well located. There were many restaurants very near. Red Lobster was a walk across the parking lot.

There was a free breakfast that was so bad that we both decided to dump it and eat at McDonalds. They need a new breakfast cook!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple