“They do the extras to make your stay fantastic”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Monroe, Wisconsin
“They do the extras to make your stay fantastic”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The staff was great-gave us good rates, and even upgraded us. But their attitude was "how may we make your stay great?". The hotel is clean and very nice. The breakfast was great too. They even have food at night. Also pop and popcorn until 10 pm. It was a great place for families. The staff is what really made the hotel-they were friendly and very helpful!

Room Tip: The two room suites were great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MonroeWI77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I dont understand how he or anyone can complain. I'm a hotel junkie (over 200 days a year). The staff is great, my suite I stay in is great. I'm not a fan of the bedding color but hey cant all be winners. It sounds more like you need to travel a bit. You cant change credit cards if you book expedia because the hotel doesnt take your card expedia does and they pay the hotel wit theirs. You should feel safe if they ask someone to leave or threaten to call the police because that person would be in your hotel otherwise. As far as breakfast and dinner, most hotels do not offer to that degree or even give a nightly social. If you dont like the food dont eat it. I was there a more than a week and yes the food was monotinous but hey they have panera right there.
The pool as you mentioned is not an indoor pool. It is divided so half is indoor and half out. I guess i'm just saying if the hotel didnt meet your standards dont knock it because some of us will stay there everytime we are in town because of the things you were upset about.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SalonJunkie73
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Anyone who has read my reviews, know that I love the Drury Inn brand. I don't work for Drury. My job requires me to travel upwards of 100k miles per year and I want to be comfortable when it's time for me to rest.

I first discovered this fabulous gem while dropping my daughter off at the University of Dayton. The school is about 10 minutes away, depending on traffic, and many students work for Drury.

This hotel is very easy to get to. Right off the Interstate, and next door to a variety of restaurants. WalMart is right up the road, along with several other small stores and service stations.

Check in was a breeze. Once again, my reservation was ready to go. I walked in, gave my name, handed them my credit card, and in less than a minute, I had my key and room assignment. The check in process had to literally take less than 2 minutes. I bragged about the fast check-in at the Drury Inn in Nashville, TN taking 3-minutes, but there's no way the check-in at this Drury Inn took more than 2-minutes. Mind, you, I had a reservation, and maybe being a Gold Key member helped, but the check-in process was flawless.

The room was great. Large with plenty of room. The beds were great. The pillows were great. I accidentally dozed off while watching TV and woke up late for dinner. I went down and was able to have a great meal at the Steak and Shake across the street. Once again, the location is great.

The bathroom was super clean and the shower felt great. Water pressure was good.

My only complaint is the location of the electrical outlets. I use a CPAP machine to sleep and need a plug. I had to pull the night-stand out and unplug a lamp so I could have power for my machine. Many other hotel chains have this problem. An easy fix would be to have a lamp that has an outlet built in for those purposes. With the need for cell phone chargers and CPAP machines, I think this would be a great addition to a hotel room.

I notice that many users complain about the wireless speed at most hotels. I had a little problem with that but I think it was because of the location of my room. If I turned my laptop, the signal strength would jump up. It wasn't conducive to working comfortably so I just dealt with the slower speed. It wasn't "horrible" but it could have been better.

Other than that, I love this hotel. I will stay here every time I come to town, if I can get a room. This hotel is very popular for large groups, so book early if you plan on staying.

Room Tip: Reserve as early as you can
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HGfromOmaha
Dayton
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel was really nice. Staff was extremley accomodating. Breakfast was great. The kickback in the evening was good as well. Centrally located, beds were comfy!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pinkcharity23
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Employees polite and friendly front desk, dining area the maintenance person checking pool area. We checked in after the basketball games since there was evening snacks provided we did not leave until we checked out the next morning. For those that would like to go out to eat there are many choices within walking distance. The boys loved the indoor/outdoor pool. Rooms quiet even though the hotel was full of familys. I appreciate when you check in they remind everyone of the no party policy and you could be ask to leave for violating the policy.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My wife and I for the first time drove from Toronto to Florida in January (2011), staying in Hampton Inns. Whilst in Florida we purchased Dave Hunter's Along Interstate 75. What a wonderful guide. The Drury Inns were recommended, and we stayed in two on our return in March, Dayton and Atlanta. From the moment we arrived we were impressed, the staff were most courteous and helpful, the rooms very comfortable, their complementary evening meal, WiFi, and breakfast, most welcome. We were travelling with our two small dogs, and they were also most welcome... unlike one Hampton Inn which accepts dogs, where we were informed that if our dogs barked, we might well be asked to leave! Wherever we travel, if there is a Drury, that's where we will stay!

Room Tip: Great hotel to break a journey
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Niwot, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Drury Inn and Suites is a fantastic chain of company owned and operated inns. I will stay in these every chance I get. Lots of choices around for dinner. This location practically shares a parking lot with Panera Bread. Fan-freakin-tastic.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family