“smoked out at the Drury”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Stayed here for a college parent's weekend. Booked months in advance, asked for two non-smoking rooms, through the Drury Website. Called day of to confirm reservation, was told late check-in (9p) was not a problem. When we arrived one of our "nonsmoking" rooms reeked of smoke and had two ashtrays. The manager offered some fabreeze, said no other rooms were available, and was "happy the maids were through in stocking the rooms"...two ashtrays next to the nonsmoking sign! Very frustrating, spent the night coughing.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank tourista77
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North

Reviewed October 22, 2007

There is nothing I can say about this hotel, but EXCELLENT! We stayed on October 20 - 22, 2007. We had traveled from Michigan to Dayton to see a show with our two-year-old son. My in-laws traveled with us, so we had reserved two rooms...one was a 1 King suite and the other was a two queen standard room. We were pleased with both. Our check-in was very quick, efficient, and the hotel staff was very nice.

The 2 Queen room was your standard hotel room, but very nice. The room had a La-z-boy type chair, small refrigerator and microwave. The room was very clean, and was perfect if you are just needing a standard room for your stay. This was the room my in-laws stayed in.

My husband, son and I shared the 1 King suite. It was perfect for a busy two-year-old, who needed some extra room to run. For anyone who has a little person in their life, you know how stressful it can be to think about trying to get someone to take a nap/go to bed when everyone else is in the room. The suite has a huge living room, a "kitchen-type" space, and then bedroom in the back. The bedroom as it's own door, so we could put our son down for his nap/bedtime, and still be able to be in the living room. It just felt like our own little apartment.

The living room area has a couch (with hide-a-bed) and recliner. It was nice to have the extra space for all of us to relax together after our son had gone to bed. The bathrooms weren't huge, but the showers were excellent. It felt like I was showering at home.

Other big bonuses...free popcorn and pop from 3 - 10pm every day (actually, I think you could get pop all day long). Large breakfast in the morning with many hot items. Evening managers reception every day from 5:30 - 7pm with 3 free alcoholic drinks per adult, plus snacks (chips & salsa, veggies & dip). The pool connects from indoor to outdoor by swimming under the wall. Hot tub was very nice.

I guess all in all I must say we loved this hotel. We would highly recommend it to anyone going to Dayton. It is right off of I-75 (but did not notice much road noise). There are probably 10 restaurants right near this hotel (it shares a parking lot with Panera Bread and Red Lobster), as well as a Wal-mart and Sam's Club. If we ever have a reason to go back to Dayton again...we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank monday1974
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I was doing business in Cincinnati, which is about an hour's drive, and was checking in late and checking out early. It was very convenient, because I was flying in and out of Dayton, and the late-night staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was big and clean, and there was a mini-fridge and microwave. The sink and bathroom was immaculate and very modern. I usually try to stay at Hampton Inn's for business, and this was much better. Also on the same strip, some good chain restaurants (if I had had time), Don Pablo's, Outback, Olive Garden, Panera.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank hawaiianwannabe
Reviewed February 22, 2007

This must be the showpiece of the Drury Hotel chain. Certainly it is the most attractive property of that chain that I've ever seen. I was in Dayton for a week to look at houses during the "worst snowstorm of the century."

Hotel room was cozy and pleasant. Quite roomy, with a comfortable chair, two large beds, microwave, refrigerator and spacious bathroom. I was on the second floor (the lowest floor for rooms) and close to the fire stairs which made it really convenient for airing my dogs.

The Drury lnn is situated right on the edge of I-75, but sufficiently soundproofed that I was never aware of traffic noise. (I was aware of the snowplow in the parking lot in the middle of the night, but grateful too that they were working on clearing away the snow.) There is adequate parking... not exactly plentiful, but I never had a problem finding a suitable space.

All of the staff I had contact with were very pleasant and helpful. They had a great "can-do" attitude, and really made the difference in making this stay such a happy one. The much vaunted breakfast was not really my sort of thing, a bit too pre-fab, (though it was the ONLY hotel breakfast buffet I've seen that featured Miso soup!) but there are other places to get something to eat, including a Panera about ten steps from the hotel door.

Honestly I don't understand reviewers who fault the hotel for not having services (i.e. room service) that they never claimed to have. There are quite a few full-service hotels in the Dayton area and if a guest wants that level of service, they should choose one of those! If you want a very pleasant place to stay at a reasonable cost, you can't go wrong at the Drury. I paid $85 a night, which is quite inexpensive for the area. The hotel is also very near a gas station known for having the least expensive gasoline in the Dayton area.

A word of caution about the granite floors: they are VERY slippery when wet. I didn't have a mishap, but I witnessed a couple of slip and slide acts. They are lovely floors though, you just have to remember to slow down if your shoes are wet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank redchief
A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2006

My family and I spent a week in Dayton Ohio at the Drury Inn & Suites for a family reunion. This hotel is great.Yes, it is a little pricey, but it was well worth the money for the luxury, beauty, and service.
We had a total of 4 rooms. 3- Queen Deluxe Rooms and 1- Queen Deluxe Suite. The rooms were so clean and so beautifully decorated. Each room had a fridge, microwave and large bathrooms. The Suite was huge. It had two separate rooms-bedroom and livingroom both with TV's and a office area also. There was a indoor-outdoor pool that our kids loved and the HOT Breakfast was wonderful. They had Belgian Waffles, French Toast, Sausage, Eggs and lots, lots, more. They even had Free snacks and soft drinks everyday in the lobby area. For the adults they had a bar which served FREE alcoholic beverages-3 per day-everyday. This hotel does allow pets and we saw a few dogs at check in but we never heard or smelled any odors of pets our entire stay. The staff, frontdesk and cleaning, were so friendly and eager to please. We will definitely stay here again for our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My daughter and I stayed here in June 2006. Clean hotel, nice bathrooms with marble and granite counters and floors, La-Z-Boy recliner as the side chair, and quiet enough to sleep well (we are both light sleepers). The breakfast was better than average for "breakfast included" type hotels. Pool was clean but packed with kids. Ask about their package deals, for example tickets to special exhibits at the Dayton Art Institute + room for a very good price. This is a well run hotel offering a good value and a pleasant stay. It's the not a Ritz Carlton but the value is high relative to the price.

• Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed December 22, 2005

My father and I were very impressed with this hotel. The room looked just like you would get at a more expensive hotel.

I only had 2 complaints about the hotel:

The pool was too cold and One of the elevators went haywire on me, where it went up to the 7th floor, and stayed there for about a minute, and would not let me out, but the door eventually opened, and let me out.

Otherwise, we had an excellent stay.

We would definately stay here again, and we would certainly tell people about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2005