“Convenient, clean, big, very nice, especially for business travel!”

Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
“Convenient, clean, big, very nice, especially for business travel!”
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I was doing business in Cincinnati, which is about an hour's drive, and was checking in late and checking out early. It was very convenient, because I was flying in and out of Dayton, and the late-night staff was very nice and accomodating. The room was big and clean, and there was a mini-fridge and microwave. The sink and bathroom was immaculate and very modern. I usually try to stay at Hampton Inn's for business, and this was much better. Also on the same strip, some good chain restaurants (if I had had time), Don Pablo's, Outback, Olive Garden, Panera.

• Liked — Modern facilities
  • Disliked — That I left too early to eat the breakfast!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hawaiianwannabe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 22, 2007

This must be the showpiece of the Drury Hotel chain. Certainly it is the most attractive property of that chain that I've ever seen. I was in Dayton for a week to look at houses during the "worst snowstorm of the century."

Hotel room was cozy and pleasant. Quite roomy, with a comfortable chair, two large beds, microwave, refrigerator and spacious bathroom. I was on the second floor (the lowest floor for rooms) and close to the fire stairs which made it really convenient for airing my dogs.

The Drury lnn is situated right on the edge of I-75, but sufficiently soundproofed that I was never aware of traffic noise. (I was aware of the snowplow in the parking lot in the middle of the night, but grateful too that they were working on clearing away the snow.) There is adequate parking... not exactly plentiful, but I never had a problem finding a suitable space.

All of the staff I had contact with were very pleasant and helpful. They had a great "can-do" attitude, and really made the difference in making this stay such a happy one. The much vaunted breakfast was not really my sort of thing, a bit too pre-fab, (though it was the ONLY hotel breakfast buffet I've seen that featured Miso soup!) but there are other places to get something to eat, including a Panera about ten steps from the hotel door.

Honestly I don't understand reviewers who fault the hotel for not having services (i.e. room service) that they never claimed to have. There are quite a few full-service hotels in the Dayton area and if a guest wants that level of service, they should choose one of those! If you want a very pleasant place to stay at a reasonable cost, you can't go wrong at the Drury. I paid $85 a night, which is quite inexpensive for the area. The hotel is also very near a gas station known for having the least expensive gasoline in the Dayton area.

A word of caution about the granite floors: they are VERY slippery when wet. I didn't have a mishap, but I witnessed a couple of slip and slide acts. They are lovely floors though, you just have to remember to slow down if your shoes are wet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff and very pleasant room, lots of amenities
  • Disliked — Breakfast was not as great as I had hoped.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank redchief
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2006

My family and I spent a week in Dayton Ohio at the Drury Inn & Suites for a family reunion. This hotel is great.Yes, it is a little pricey, but it was well worth the money for the luxury, beauty, and service.
We had a total of 4 rooms. 3- Queen Deluxe Rooms and 1- Queen Deluxe Suite. The rooms were so clean and so beautifully decorated. Each room had a fridge, microwave and large bathrooms. The Suite was huge. It had two separate rooms-bedroom and livingroom both with TV's and a office area also. There was a indoor-outdoor pool that our kids loved and the HOT Breakfast was wonderful. They had Belgian Waffles, French Toast, Sausage, Eggs and lots, lots, more. They even had Free snacks and soft drinks everyday in the lobby area. For the adults they had a bar which served FREE alcoholic beverages-3 per day-everyday. This hotel does allow pets and we saw a few dogs at check in but we never heard or smelled any odors of pets our entire stay. The staff, frontdesk and cleaning, were so friendly and eager to please. We will definitely stay here again for our next visit.

• Stayed July 2006
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My daughter and I stayed here in June 2006. Clean hotel, nice bathrooms with marble and granite counters and floors, La-Z-Boy recliner as the side chair, and quiet enough to sleep well (we are both light sleepers). The breakfast was better than average for "breakfast included" type hotels. Pool was clean but packed with kids. Ask about their package deals, for example tickets to special exhibits at the Dayton Art Institute + room for a very good price. This is a well run hotel offering a good value and a pleasant stay. It's the not a Ritz Carlton but the value is high relative to the price.

• Stayed June 2006
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2005

My father and I were very impressed with this hotel. The room looked just like you would get at a more expensive hotel.

I only had 2 complaints about the hotel:

The pool was too cold and One of the elevators went haywire on me, where it went up to the 7th floor, and stayed there for about a minute, and would not let me out, but the door eventually opened, and let me out.

Otherwise, we had an excellent stay.

We would definately stay here again, and we would certainly tell people about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
8 Thank cober6711
Glenshaw, PA
Reviewed August 18, 2005

Booked one night here from hotels when we moved our freshman son to the U. of Dayton. Think we will book again for Parent's weekend!

Brand new and very comfortable. There are a multitude of restaurants to choose from within a quarter mile. There was a "manager's reception" of beer, wine and mixed drinks and snacks in the lobby in the afternoon. Three free drinks per person. They weren't large, but more than my limit!

Great hot breakfast in the AM, with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, "make your own" Belgium waffles, etc. Pool and jacuzzi were nice. Free computers with internet access in the lobby. One hour free long distance phone calls included, too. The help was very friendly.

One item that was strange...We couldn't figure how to completely close the drapes to darken the room, so we ended up using a clothes hanger to clip the drapes together. The next morning the front desk told me there was another layer of room-darkening drapes UNDER the sheers, which we never discovered!

• Stayed August 2005