“A Dayton Classic”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Marion's Piazza has a long history in Dayton. Granted, the hey-days when the meet-and greet of celebrities on the entertainment tours at the now closed downtown Memorial Hall were the draw may be past. However, it does give a chance for families and large sport groups to eat in leisure. Perhaps it is an acquired taste but it is one I love. Another deluxe, please!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Marion's has been around the Dayton area forever and it seems like most people love it. Not me, however. I went once to eat there and the atmosphere was awful. Soooo, I decided to get some pizza to go, just to see if maybe I was influenced too much by the restaurant. Well, the pizza was ok, but ((MHO) not as good a Donato's (which I believe is owned by a chain) and not even close to Milano's (another locally popular pizza place). Just average. I don't know why everyone around here loves it so much!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Some locals rave about this place but we don't go for thin, little squares with hardly any toppings and consider it good pizza.

1  Thank Lily S
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I have no idea what the fuss is about. This is some of the worst pizza I've ever had. I managed pizza places for 10 years, and I can tell you that the ingredients here are sub-par. The cheese tastes like "par-bake", meaning it is frozen until just prior to being used. It makes for a damp, bland, near tasteless melt. No credit cards? Wow...time to get into the Delorean and relocate to 2013. The two times I've been in a Marion's were disasters. Packed with large groups, poor service, and bad food. Take your money to a small, independent place where the food is good and they actually care.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great pizza and fast service. This place is an institution in Dayton Ohio, so you need to go get one regularly to stay in touch. Love how it's cut and is easy to eat. Don't miss this if you are in town!