“Best Mexican Food in Town!!”

Abuelos Mexican Embassy
Ranked #36 of 752 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dayton, Ohio
“Best Mexican Food in Town!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is by far one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. I am never disappointed when I go. I especially like that they give you 3 separate delicious dips and you can mix them. I enjoyed mixing the regular salsa with the tomatillo salsa. Yum! I have always gone with a group of people for a luncheon and they have always done an excellent job of accommodating so many people and still give great service! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant.

“Good for chain food.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Tried this Abuelos just the other night. While there was much confusion over where to seat our party of 4(there were about 20 open tables but it took several minutes of discussion to determine which one was right for us at about 6pm on a Friday) and while the bathrooms were pretty messy (dirty wet floor, one soap dispenser broken and out of paper towels) the service was good. Attentive and responsive, our server even moved us to a table that wasn't wobbly. Generous portion sizes, something on menu for everyone. Kids menu with a variety of choices. Dishes served hot and all meals came out just the way we requested them.

• Visited October 2013
“Good as always”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We have an Abuelos in our home state and I love it!!! So when we saw there was one in Dayton my husband took me at least 2 hrs out of our way to eat here. It was as good as we expected! My favorite menu item is the cheese chili relleno. It was great as usual. We ordered the cheese dip with meat and it was super hot with pepper! Be careful!

Centerville, Ohio
1,681 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,913 helpful votes
“full service bar, a pleasant ambience, and a variety of menu choices”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

While there may seem to be an abundance of restaurants near The Mall at Fairfield Commons, very few are “standouts.” We usually dine at The Greene prior to or following a visit to The Mall at Fairfield Commons.

We have enjoyed Abuelo's (TexMex) just south of The Mall at Fairfield Commons for years. We may be dining at off times, and have never taken notice of the “noise” that other reviewers have mentioned. Although we have no doubt that a full house may be “loud.”

We like the location and the parking associated with Abuelo's. The hostess and servers are well trained.

Abuelo's offers a full service bar, a pleasant ambience, and a variety of menu choices. Although we became Tapas fans in Spain years ago, we find a very limited Tapas selection at Abuelo's.

If we order TexMex, it will be the shredded beef burrito and the steak fajita. More than often, we are inclined to order the salmon (rare) and a pork tenderloin.

We find the prices to be reasonable, good service, and our dining choices are nicely prepared and presented. We recommend Abuelo's. The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

7 Thank SavantIII_11
North Port, Florida
“Service good, food ok, price to high”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We came here for the first time to celebrate my husbands 24th bday. We had 7 altogether. When we first came in we were told a 30 min wait. Shortly after a manager came and apologized for the wait and said they were setting up our table. Once seated she then told us we would get a free appetizer for waiting which was very nice and it was great with the chips. Our waiter was very nice. The food though, which some liked and others not as much was average. The picture on the menu and what was brought looked very different portion wise. Most everything was smaller portion, which we weren't use to at other Mexican restaurants. Especially since the prices were very steep. The food itself wasn't bad, but I wouldn't return due to the prices. There are other less expensive Mexican restaurants with the same quality of food or better. I expect to leave full, not still hungry after spending close to $20 on one meal.

• Visited August 2013