“Amazing!”

Salar Restaurant and Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Salar Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 769 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Salar features an exciting menu of World-Fusion cuisine with strong French, Peruvian, and Mediterranean influences. In addition we offer an extensive selection of hand-crafted cocktails featuring fresh squeezed juices, fresh fruit and herbs, and only the finest spirits. Salar is a reasonably priced, upscale, yet casual style restaurant. We have created a unique dining experience with two outdoor patios, two full bars, a main dining room with full-wall windows looking out onto the Historic Oregon District, an intimate lounge space, and a private dining room. Salar is proud to be a "Green Certified" restaurant.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everything on the menu is amazing! I highly recommend it. The Ahi Tuna is fantastic. We also did a wine tasting there.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I've been wanting to try Salar out for awhile! I've never had Peruvian food before and the restaurant always looked cool. I went here with my boyfriend after Downtown Dayton's Urban Nights for dinner. We sat out on the patio, so nice when it's warm out! You can see all the people walking in the Oregon District. To start we ordered cocktails-all their drinks are made with fresh juices. They don't use any sugary syrups. For an appetizer we got the empanadas which were amazing! Then you get homemade pita chips and hummus which was delicious, I think there's cilantro or something in the hummus that makes it different. For dinner I got the shrimp skewers and my boyfriend got chicken skewers. They were marinated and served with some pureed sauces and mashed potatoes, both good but the shrimp was my favorite. Then for dessert we got the Chocolate Shades, which was like a triple chocolate mousse cake that was to die for! I highly recommend. We were so full but couldn't pass it up. The service was great, the cocktails delicious, and the food so good. Check out Salar, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I wanted to be sure to get to this top rated Dayton restaurant before we returned to Maine and I was not disappointed. I'm only sorry we won't be able to get back here again because there were so many good things on the menu I wanted to try. We settled on the Salar salad, the chicken skewers, and the pork filet mignon. Everything was delicious and we had extra to take home. The atmosphere was modern and attractive and the service was responsive. Since we have such good fresh seafood available at home, we stayed away from seafood in Dayton but there were many seafood dishes here that also looked good. If I were to have seafood in Dayton, this would be the place!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My first visit to Salar was outstanding. I can report no faults whatsoever with the food, drinks, service or facility. We started with the chicken thigh appetizer, which I liked much more than I thought I would. They were not greasy and the sauce really complimented the chicken. Next up, we each ordered a pork dish. I got the pork filet mignon and my friend got the pork chops and we shared. Both entrees were delicious and we cleaned our plates! My medallions had a slight smoky flavor, served with a light gravy. The red cabbage was not too sour, not too sweet. The pork chops were served with sweet potato puree and the best peas I have ever tasted. The dessert was a sort of pudding with glazed nuts. Nice ending to the meal and not overly sweet. While the food was scrumptious, the drinks are really something to write home about. When we looked at the cocktail menu, I will admit I didn’t recognize some of the ingredients. We ordered what we thought sounded good and weren’t disappointed. We each had two and tasted each other’s – all four were outstanding. The ones we tried were: Lima to Lima, Dark & Stormy, La Pasion and Cortes. If you go to Salar, you must try at least one of these unique, top-shelf cocktails. I cannot wait to return!!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Salar is a very neat place to go. The food is Fabulous and the Service is great.
They have wine tasting & cooking classes.
Chef Margot is the Best.
Try it, you will not regret it.

Been to Salar Restaurant and Lounge? Share your experiences!