“'Not Again'”

Knights Inn Dayton North
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Reservations, check in and check out could not have been better. But like others stated this place was extremely hard to get to. Motel had been painted but no major remodeling. Appeared to have been another chain previously. Continental breakfast left us hunting something else. Early morning parking lot featured a lover's(?) spat. Possibly bed bugs but I was the only one in the group affected.

Room Tip: Maybe 'Travel Lodge' which is part of the building could be better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rhamby1
There are newer reviews for Knights Inn Dayton North

Reviewed August 18, 2013

When I checked inn, the staff was very friendly and made sure my room was clean. The shower was powerful and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very reasonable price. I absolutely got more than what I paid for. I will definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend anyone to this place. It's just a great stay for a very reasonable price!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Den D
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Bad gave us a occupied room.
When informed gave us another room and Said it should be empty.
Room was filthy.
Tv was color set but only color was green.
Lamp lights went off when sat on bed Looked at it wall socket was bad.
Shower was full of mildew and mold.
We went to a friends wedding and was tired from the trip and it was late afternoon did not have time to look for another room.
When a room is booked you expect a decent room regardless this room was just nasty period.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Greg F
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Like others have said, this place is very hard to find. We had 3 GPS units going and still couldn't find it because there are many exit #s that do not exist because of construction. Still, this place would be difficult to find under any circumstances.

It's definately a good price but the clientele (although very friendly and helpful) are not the type that you want to encounter for a one night stay in an unfamiliar city.

The hotel was clean enough for the price but the downside is the location and that the check in closes at 11 pm. After that time, all inquiries need to be addressed with the attached Travelodge hotel. This is the strangest setup that I have ever experienced.

We did not eat the breakfast so I cannot comment on that.

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to a meeting we had to attend the next morning. Due to the time (1 hour) it took us to find the hotel, we would have been better off spending more money and staying farther south or in downtown Dayton.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jen1555
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I called around 9 p.m. on a Saturday for a one-night, two-room stay for my family. They had room with an unbelievable rate of about $45/room. When we arrived (around 11:30 p.m.), the people at the desk were helpful and courteous. The rooms were what you'd expect for the price, but clean. Nice simple roof over our heads.

However, while I was checking the family in, my wife believes she witnessed a drug deal in the parking lot (a man was in the lot, a car pulled up, he walked up to it, handed in something and got something in return).

Also, though the hotel is no-smoking, the smell of smoke and incense was very prevalent in the hallways. Neighbors smoking pot?

And, several of our neighbors were up all hours, often being loud and swearing.

We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike D
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had made a reservation thru the Knights Inn website for Friday July 26th but due to a change in plans I had to cancel. I went back on line on Tuesday July the 23rd and canceled the reservation and got the confirmation number and email. On Saturday July 27th at 12:10am I get a phone call waking me up with a person that can barely speak English wanting to know "when are you getting here". That was her first question, not hello this is Knights Inn or this is so and so with Knights Inn. After about a min of trying to understand what she was saying I finally got out who she was then after telling her it was canceled all I get was a OHHH, not a sorry to have bothered you or i am sorry just silence. Someone needs trained on how to use the computer system and understand how to read a cancellation.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike1701
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I made this reservation online and got into the hotel around midnight. The desk clerk was kind and courteous and made sure my room was good personally. The bed was comfy and the shower was powerful. I missed breakfast, finding it too late on the other side of the hotel. Everything was great and the price is phenomenal!

• Stayed: July 2013