“Good stay”

Knights Inn Dayton North
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
“Good stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here because it was cheap. I was worried about the hotel when I read the reviews but for the price, the hotel was great. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in Dayton. They were very nice at the front desk. For the people who commented about the condition of the hotel, what did you expect for the cost that you paid? It's a fine place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tstockton1967

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2013

As others have said, the lobby is hard to find. I went to the Travelodge part as I drove right past the door to the Knights Inn part.

The way it is laid out, one wing of the motel is Knights Inn, the other is Travelodge. They share the same hallway. The ice machine and breakfast area on in the Travelodge side.

The rooms are clean and the staff is great. The decor is tired and a bit dated, but is clean and in good repair.
It is an econo motel in the true sense of the word, but the rate was great for what you got.
There was a noteable smell of smoke in the stairwells and hallways of the second floor, but no smell in my room.
There is a very good lineup on the cable TV and breakfast is included, so I felt that for the price it was very good value. You could open the windows all the way in our room, which was great, for getting fresh air, you just had to remember to latch it if you went out (we were on the ground floor). The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable. They provided three sets of towels which was nice.
I inadvertently reset the remote for the TV and the staff came and fixed it within 5 min.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffO_Can
IRONTON
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

First, this is an older hotel that could use some updates. Its very dark and dreary in the hallways and the rooms are very out dated. That being said, it is very clean, the staff is very friendly and accomodating and the rooms are comparable to other hotels I've stayed in at double and even triple the price. I am very satisfied and will be staying again. This hotel was much cleaner than some 4 and 5 star hotels I've stayed in. Its a little hard to find, but if you look at the picture you can't miss it.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank REBECCA H
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first problem came with finding this hotel. I had asked Onstar for directions and they could not find it even with the address. It turns out this is 2 hotels in 1. one half is Knights Inn and the other is Travel lodge. I don't know why this is and I didn't ask. When I went to check in the clerk did not know anything about the computer system. I had already paid for my room online, but she asked for my credit card to recharge me because she didn't know how to find my reservation. Luckily, another person (her son?) came just in time to keep her from recharging me. This is an inexpensive hotel, and I have stayed in many of them so all I really expect is clean and safe. The main problem I had other than the check in is that the people across the hall seemed to have some sort of animal (I hope it was an animal) that screeched until 1 am. While I did not feel unsafe, I did not feel comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy_1512_67
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Hard to find rooms were real nice and very clean for $45 a night can't expect much.No pool its full of dirt hotel nice paint job on outside.For a quiet place and clean room it OK.Not for a family its seams like a transit hotel welfare people.If you want a cheap room very clean and peace full place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
north west arkansas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

started trip extra early as driving u haul and pulling trailer review stated hard to find wanted to find in daylight. tom tom lead me right to basic location,travel lodge in front part of building knights inn located in rear accessed thru what was an exit some time in past.
clean room sheets freshly washed not a four star by any means but very nice for the small fee charged if in the area would stay again without hesitation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pwf16129
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very clean rooms, very nice staff, well maintained and plenty of space and pet friendly! And a great price. Had a hard time finding the place, not on any GPS correctly, but very close to any store and restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ChelseaL15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Extended Stay America - Dayton - North

Been to Knights Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!