“good chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“good chinese food”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

It was nice to escape the chains and eat in a nice Chinese restaurant not far from our hotel. Nice atmosphere. As other reviewers said, service is slow. Very friendly server and the (large) dining room seemed fairly empty so not sure why service was slow. But as long as u r not rushed, I would recommend it. Tasty food.

Visited July 2014

Columbia, South Carolina
“Good Chinese cuisine, great sushi.”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Very good food, great atmosphere. Excellent sushi, full bar. Not conveniently locate, but worth the trip.

Visited May 2014
Marysville, Ohio
“Shensational”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We travel 45 minutes to Shens. The food is fresh, well prepared and we love the atmosphere. While we like some meals better than others we have never had a bad meal at Shen's. Service is excellent. We have had both the Sushi and regular menu orders, both have been excellent.

• Visited February 2014
“Great gem”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Shen's never disappoints! Excellent food, excellent service. I've had both good from the sushi menu as well as the Chinese side and have never had a item that wasn't excellent. You can't go wrong here!

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I went to Shen's after passing it while running and being impressed by the building, then checking the reviews. My first impression on walking in was very positive. The staff was friendly and the decor excellent. In ordered the "Birds Nest" for $18.00, more than I wanted to spend but looking forward to a great meal, after reading the reviews.

I was very disappointed in this dish, it was supposed to have crabmeat, shrimp & scallops. There was no crabmeat in it and the "scallops" were actually sharkmeat. I had to cut the "scallops" with a knife they were so tough. If you want real scallops try the shrimp & scallops across the highway at Outback, they're the real deal, and outstanding.

In won't go back to Shen's, I felt like I got totally ripped off. This dish may have been worth $6.00 or $7.00 tops but nowhere close to $18.00.

• Visited September 2013