“Great Cake”

Dorothy Lane Market
Cuisines: American
Description: Dorothy Lane Market, a locally owned Dayton-area specialty food store, is a mecca for all things foodie. We're not just another grocery store, as each of our delectable departments beg to be experienced, one tasty morsel at a time. At each of our three locations, you'll be able to order food, whether you want it to-go, or you are looking to sit down and enjoy. We also offer a diverse Wine & Beer selection, always featuring new craft beer on tap, and a Coffee & Tea Bar. There's something for everyone, whether you want to enjoy a steak or piece of fresh seafood hot of the grill (just follow your nose to the Meat Dept. for Jack's Grill), a deli sandwich (served hot or cold), favorite deli salads, soups, sushi, Naples-Style Pizza (at our Centerville and Springboro locations), our amazing salad bar, or anything else our store has to offer. When you visit us at DLM-whether you are stopping in to shop or dine-we hope that you are delighted by the food experience and the passionate, knowledgeable people who make it. Visit us and experience DLM for yourself!
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Possibly the best double chocolate cake I've ever had, and I usually don't like cake. I'm a pie lover who's made the switch when it comes to Dorothy Lane Market cakes. It was the most expensive cake I've ever had, but once in awhile you just have to splurge!

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

This store tends have the higher end food items. I have been there multiple times and the staff is always friendly and the store is clean. It's always an adventure going in and finding unique items. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed June 28, 2016

Excellent food, with a great variety! The deli is absolutely amazing, but with all this, it does come with a slightly higher price tag. All employees were extremely helpful during my visit. This is not a traditional restaurant. This is a high quality grocery store.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

DLM is a gem of a small, family owned grocery for three generations that is tops in quality and customer care. My son who has worked in this market has told me that no one compares to our local DLM. I, especially, like the fact that the Maynes hire individuals with disabilities as well as youth. Having a grandchild with a disability has raised my awareness of how we as a community have to include these wonderful people. I feel that DLM is a community center where we come together to purchase what's healthy for us and what our families need, all while enjoying the experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

DLM is a customer-oriented store that ensures a pleasant shopping experience, whether it's for hamburger or proschutto, you'll find it there.