“Best brisket ever!!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Waverly, Ohio
“Best brisket ever!!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wow!!! I was in Dayton for a conference and stopped into this place for lunch because it was near our hotel and had good reviews. Don't be fooled by the looks of this place. It is a small old time diner with two bars with seating for about 15 or so people. I watched several people come in for carry out while I was there. I had the chopped brisket sandwich with onions and pickles and there homemade chips. It was absolutely delicious!!!!! Wish this place was close to home. I'd be a frequent diner. :). Highly highly recommended!!!!

• Visited October 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Delicious Barbecue at the Edge of Oregon District”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent brisket and ribs. If the small diner venue doesn't appeal, try take-out. A great place for a tasty meal after a foreign or independent film at the Neon theater, next door. Free parking.

• Visited October 2013
Panama City, Florida
“Glad I stopped”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have commuted past this location for over a year now and finally stopped: glad I did. The brisket was nicely smoked and thick cut. I think they might have trimmed the fat a little too much; while I appreciated the leanness it did dry it out a touch. They served it without sauce which is fine with me. The pulled pork is served mixed with BBQ sauce. The sides we tried were good: green beans, mashed potatoes and coleslaw.About $10 for meat and two sides which seems fair to me. Very small seating area inside is just two rows of stools but they do have a couple of picnic tables outside. Carryout was super quick though. Great local BBQ in Dayton. Check their website because they stay open until 4am around the weekend for folks wandering over from Oregon district bars.

• Visited July 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Mike has many years of experience bar-b-queing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Smokin's brisket is the best in Dayton - hands down! Mike has many years of experience learning his craft in Austin, TX where he ran his own bar-b-que restaurant. His "shop" is in a small downtown location with limited seating. Try the carry out or his catering for a fine bar-b-que in your own environment.You'll be so glad you did. I look for any excuse to dine there - having grown up in Houston - I appreciate great bar-b-que & Mike serves it!!!

Visited May 2013