“Sunwatch - history rescued and restored” 4 of 5 bubbles

SunWatch Indian Village/Archaeological Park
Ranked #14 of 61 things to do in Dayton
Santa Fe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sunwatch - history rescued and restored”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I enjoyed my visit, experienced over a couple of hours during my trip east from New Mexico. The highlights of the Park include the walking tour, the visitor center and (most importantly) the knowledgeable staff. I used my smart phone to plot the route to Sun Watch, which is not on a major road. Then I talked with the helpful people at the visitor center. I proceeded to take the walking tour, which involves a short walk over level ground. There are reconstructed buildings, a garden and a wooden construction used for astronomy. The visitor center has displays of artifacts and explanations of life in the village. SunWatch represents yet another important native site that was rescued from modern construction just in time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank SantaFeFlo

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Serenity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I absolutely LOVE this place. If you like Native American History and art, then a stop here would be perfect for you. I enjoyed the mounds, and teh actual REAL native americans that reside near. Awesome, and pretty place to go

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Kassandra M
8 attraction reviews
“A hidden gem.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Although it isn't my favorite place in Dayton, it's well done and something you should come visit at least once.

I enjoyed walking through the reconstructed village.

Visited September 2011
Centerville, Ohio, United States
“Dissapppointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

The kids were so bored. My husband and I are history buffs and were bored as well. Except for a couple of mud hutts theres not much to see and it is not exhibited well. We tease the kids that if they misbehave we are taking them back to Sunwatch.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Edie G
8 attraction reviews
“History”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great day in the sun...lots to learn about there. Celebration of life

1 Thank Rosee9350