WINNER WONDERLAND

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Dayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio City, Ohio
“Very Clean and Hospitable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My friend and I were very impressed with the comfortable atmosphere. The desk clerk was very helpful. Service was fast. The cookies were the best!
I usually try to stay in Country Inn and Suites as I travel. You get the most for your money.
Breakfast was great and the entire hotel sparkled from cleanliness.
We were in the area to attend the La Comedia Dinner Theater. That also is a must do when in the Dayton area. Wonderful play and yummy food.
All around perfect weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
christine_jendrusik, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at our property!We truly appreciate the great review and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Delton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We travel to Dayton to visit Inlaws often. We have tried many hotels in the area & this is our favorite. Extremely clean, quiet, great breakfast, warm pool, and great help. I've never had a unhappy moment. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I don't normally write reviews for anything, but felt I must for this CI&S! I was sent TDY for work to Dayton, OH back in August of 2011. Everyone in my class was booked at the CI&S closer to WPAFB, and another coworker and myself ended up at the Dayton South location. I stayed at this CI&S Dayton South for the entire month of August, while in class, and LOVED it!!! The place was clean, the room was VERY comfortable and the staff was GREAT!! After a week, I was treated like family, as everyone was used to seeing me. I enjoyed the location, being down the street from a mall, restaurants, convenience stores and a grocery store. I LOVED the hot chocolate chip cookies and coffee/tea selections...so much, that I found myself up at 2am some mornings, STILL drinking coffee and eating cookies!!!...lol. On the days I awoke in time to have breakfast, before running off to class at Wright Patt AFB, I really enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful with helping me find weekend activities and other things to enjoy. I met some really great guests, while staying there, also.

I am scheduled to be in Dayton for almost 3 weeks, in another class next month, and I am very much looking forward to booking a room at CI&S Dayton South!! I hope much hasn't changed, since I was there in 2011. I look forward to having another comfortable, spacious room with desk, microwave, and small fridge, as well as a nice bathroom that was always kept clean. So, for any negative comments, from people that stayed a total of 8 hrs there, please disregard!! As someone that stayed a month there, this place felt like home by the time I left. Please enjoy the CI&S Dayton South!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Charles A
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We want to thank you for your review. We do try to strive so that all guests feel like family and from your response our team did a fantastic job! We are all looking forward to seeing you in a month ,so get ready for some more of those great cookies!
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I am really wishy-washy on my review of this hotel. For every good thing I have a not as good thing. So here goes!
We stay at a lot of Country Inns & Suites around the country and you can tell they are independently owned because some of them are almost lavish and some are like cheap motels on the interstate. This hotel certainly has good management and/or owners. The property is nice, it's clean and welcoming. Check in was very fast, which is always a plus. It's a little different look, the desk clerk told me it used to be a Sleep Inn, which might explain a few of things that I would put in the negative column. Room was smaller than I expected, but it was a clean decent room. Bed was nice, but every time someone closed a door in the hallway the beds shook, and I could hear the people in the room next to us, clear as a bell. Thin walls.
I did not go out to the lobby for breakfast but my husband brought food back to the room and I nibbled on a few bits of his. It was good variety but the actual flavors of the food weren't really very good. Not horrible, just not really good.
The lobby coffee was always hot & fresh and plentiful. Lots of free cookies, tea, and even a basket of the mini tootsie pops which are a personal favorite of mine.
Check out was fast but getting to the lobby that last morning took an odd turn when we discovered what appeared to be the entire cleaning staff standing between us & the front desk. We literally had to treat it like an obstacle course and wheel our luggage in fun little swerves to get around them. I'm guessing it's their normal morning routine from their expressions. But everything was spotless and they do a good job.
Checkout was quick as well.
So there you go, good & bad. I'm not sure that I would stay there again because I didn't get a lot of sleep, but that's a construction issue and I'm sure they're doing the best they can with what they have.
I'm really torn between Three & Four stars on this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tlm0000
We do apologize for all of the issues that you had encounterted during your stay with us. It is not routine for any employee to be standing at the desk at anytime so we thank you for bringing that to our attention so that we can strive to improve our staff and hotel. We hope if your travels bring you back to Dayton that you will stay with us again.
Ashtabula OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

CI&S Dayton South is a remarkable property. Everything is clean and looks new and updated, including our room. As you enter, the lighting is dim - I suppose to make you relax. Even the room lighting is subdued - again I guess to be relaxing. I didn't mind it, but I did turn on all the lights in the room! The room has enough towels and toiletries and the toiletries are name brand, which I appreciated. The TV is a flat screen and works well. The bathroom is spacious and the tub is spacious. As usual, there is never enough water pressure to suit. My only complaint about our room is that the air conditioner was loud. My husband ended up just turning it off. It works fine, but loud. The beds are firm, but not rock hard. I'm sure they are fine if not very good for most people. We are used to a water bed at home, so we tossed around because of that.
Help yourself to cookies and snack bars all day long. There is also a selection of coffees and teas all day long. Thanks!
The breakfast is exceptional for a free breakfast. The egg and sausage selection varied the two nights we were there.
We stayed on the second floor - there is a lounge there that is very nice. We helped ourselves to the magazines and books available to borrow. Again, thanks, that is a nice touch.
This hotel is easy to find - easy off and easy on.
I will stay here again if in the area.
we did not use the pool, but it was being used and looked fine.
we used the business center, which is one desk with one computer set up only.
we did not use the fitness room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We want to thank you for your kind words on your recent visit with us. It is always our pleasure to have all of the guests feel like they are at home. If your travels bring you back to Dayton in the future we look forward to seeing you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had a few problems checking in due to a computer glitch but Linda was very professional and handled the situation as best she could. Duty manager appeared to be off site though so she had to make some frantic phone calls.

very nice atmosphere and lovely complimentary cookies. Breakfast was very good and the chef Crystal seemed to enjoy serving her delicious meals.

Will definitely be staying here and at other CIS.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. We love to make everybody feel like they are at home away from home. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Dayton , Ohio that you will stay with us again.
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I took my two granddaughters to the Country Inn and Suites Dayton South for a girls night before going back to school. What a delightful small hotel!

The room was immaculate, the bathroom even more so, and the beds comfy. The breakfast was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. There were waffles you make yourself, scrambled eggs, chicken patties, biscuits, oatmeal with wonderful toppings, frest fruit and berries, numerous bread/muffin/bagel choices, real butter, syrup, juices and coffee. Coffee, tea, and cookies are available all day long.

There were plenty of towels in the rooms for us. The pool looked inviting, although we did not have time to use it. The location is close to plenty of shopping, restaurants, movie theatres, mini golf, and bowling alleys.

When in this area, don't be afraid to book this hotel. I like a clean hotel as well as the next guest, and this one is!

Room Tip: There are two floors, so if you don't want to hear other travellers, choose an upstairs rooms.