“Two brothers and one big idea”

The Wright Cycle Company Complex
Ranked #6 of 64 things to do in Dayton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It all began here with two brothers and one big idea. This site Does a nice job of showing how the Wright brothers got started. The movie is good and the rangers very informative. There is a tour at 10:30 which we missed but I think would be very helpful. Wish we knew about it ahead of time.

There are newer reviews for The Wright Cycle Company Complex

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I loved the museum and the Cycle Store that were Wilbur & Orville Wright's printing location and bicycle shop. The story layout was terrific, well explained, great photos, really interesting place. Sadly, very boring for a 5 & 6 year old kid, though we tried to make it exciting for them.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are in the Dayton area, this small but very well run and maintained complex is well worth the visit. See the Wright Brothers bicycle shop (the last one remaining). The rangers were very friendly and knowledgeable. The place is great for adults and children. I would allow 2-3 hours for a visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Wright Brothers! What more can I say? They have done so much for mankind. Self taught engineers who overcame many obstacles in order to make the airplane a reality. From humble beginnings they became publishers, bicycle makers, and inventors. They never gave up pursuing their dreams though there were times that they thought of throwing in the towel. Attraction is well worth visiting and takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. A couple of blocks from the cycle site is remnants of the Wright home. Informative signs are on locations.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We really enjoyed this nice shop great guides and they really did a nice Joe with hands on display s I I'd not know it was part of the National Park Service but they have done it well.

Been to The Wright Cycle Company Complex? Share your experiences!